We're looking for STEM gurus or STEM enthusiasts who have the ability, fluidity, and patience to work with students in in 4th through 8th grade with instruction on app development, website development, robotics, game development, science or engineering and design. The use of coding blocks will be the primary methods of teaching programming logic and skills. Once the students have mastered these concepts, we would then introduce a language to them.
You will be on the cutting edge of teaching STEM concepts, as less than 10% of Springfield and Dayton public schools have a computer science curriculum, much less an engineering one! What's more, only 10% of US schools have a computer science curriculum.
You will utilize the existing creativity that already exists within the spirits of students, as well as their knack for apps, video games,tinkering, and making, and channel this energy into supporting them in learning skills that may lead to their becoming more interested in the wonderful world of STEM.
- Teaching / Instruction
- Computer Science
- Software Engineering
Good Match For
Teens People 55+ Group
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 16
- Come Teach Kids to Code!
- STEMpowerment For Young Women!
- Young Women and STEMpowerment!
- Calling Early Childhood Student...
- Bookkeeper Needed - New York City
- Seeking SKILLED Grant Writer
- Website Developer Welcomed With...
- Teach Kids How To Code
- Calling All Scientists! Join Our...
- Saturday TechFest & Hackathon...
- STEM and STEAM Enthusiasts &...
- STEM and STEAM Enthusiasts...