OneVillage Partners is Minnesota-based entrepreneurial organization at an exciting time of growth. OVP is doing truly cutting edge work in international development - bold, brave and game changing. Rather than providing solutions for rural villagers, we partner with communities as they lead their own development solutions, resulting in sustainable, long-term impact. Join us as we work together to support community empowerment in Africa. Learn more at www.onevillagepartners.org.
The Development and Events Intern will work closely with the Director of Development and Communications to help with a variety of projects related to special events, donor relations, fundraising campaigns, and communications. The intern will have a hands-on role in the execution of the 2017 development plan. This is a part-time, unpaid internship estimated at 10 hours/week for 6-12 months. This internship can receive course credit.
- Assist with event planning and execution
- Help in the creation of new fundraising initiatives
- Support multi-year giving program
- Maintain and update information in donor database
- Perform research based projects
- Support communication efforts such as social media, electronic newsletters, and website updates
- As time permits, support other development and communications functions.
Preferred Skill Sets and Qualifications:
- Self-motivated, organized and detail-oriented; ability to manage multiple projects and deadlines
- Exceptional people skills
- Clear written and oral communication skills
- Successful professional experience in event planning and volunteer coordination
- Creative thinking ability; ability to learn quickly
- Deep passion for international development and organizational mission
Preferred Technical Expertise:
- Constant Contact
- Volunteer Management
- Donor Perfect data base experience - a plus
- Social media tools, including Facebook, Twitter, Flickr, YouTube and WordPress
- Microsoft Office
- Adobe Creative Suites
*Competitive candidates must be able to commit to the position for at least 6 months to a year.
Please submit cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications will be considered as they are received, and will be accepted until the position is filled. No phone calls please.
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment