Customer Service Phone Representative
(If you are interested in this position please send an email to VhaaugVoluntaryService@va.gov )
2. Purpose of Assignment
Volunteer is responsible for returning calls to Veterans who have left messages at Patient Advocate Triage line about customer service concerns. Volunteer must provide superior customer service for each patient. It is important that the volunteer maintains a positive attitude and communicates with a smile (when appropriate). The volunteer reports to the Chief of Customer Service.
Assist patients and families when they present to the Customer Relations Office
Complete clerical and secretarial duties of the Customer Relations Office
Retrieve messages from Patient Advocate Triage Line.
Return calls to veterans (or identified caller) when all needed information to process concern is not available in the caller’s message.
Disseminate messages to assigned Customer Service Champion or designee.
Contact Chief of Customer Relations when you are unable to show up for assigned shift
4. Time Commitment
Shifts 8 a.m. - Noon, Noon - 4 p.m. or negotiated. Volunteers can work one or more shifts per week as agreed upon with the Chief of Customer Relations/Voluntary Service Office
- Exceptional customer service skills.
- Strong communication skills (both written and oral).
- Pass a background check
- Able to deal with physical, mental and/or hearing impaired individuals
- Know your boundaries
- Volunteer must be healthy day of volunteering
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively in a courteous manner.
- Problem solving skills and ability to make sound decisions.
- Position is mostly sedentary (sitting)
- Limit personal calls and texting to lunch and break periods
6. Training and Skill Development
- Initial and annual volunteer training.
- Specific Customer Service unit training
7. Supervision :
Ms. Natalie Daniels
Volunteer reports to: Chief, Customer Relations Service
Feedback: Annual written
8. Supporting policies
* VHA Handbook 1620.01
* Medical Center Policy MEMORANDUM NO. 119-14-01
Position office location TBD at the Charlie Norwood VA Medical Center, 950 15 th St, Augusta, GA.
- Meal provided for volunteers working a 4 or more hour shift.
- Structured recognition/awards program
- Work experience in customer service
- Annual Flu Shot at no cost
- Eligible to join credit union
- Make tax-free purchases in Canteen Store
- Veteran Care
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Orientation or Training
- 4-8 hours per week
- Volunteer Van Driver for...
- Van Driver for Veterans at the...
- Ambassador Charlie Norwood...
- Volunteer Driver for Veterans...
- Distribution Technician...
- Veterans Health Education and...
- Bereavement Services Volunteer...
- Wheelchair Repair Downtown...
- Prosethetics Clerical and...
- Information Desk (Front Line...
- Beneficiary Travel Customer...
- Wheelchair Concierge & Greeter
- Appointment Reminder for...
- Nursing Volunteer for Veterans...
- Community Living Center Senior...
- Musician Volunteer Charlie...
- Front Desk Clerk Volunteer...
- Program Assistant in...
- Wheelchair Concierge Service...
- Volunteer Van Driver For...