To begin, I’d like to share a little information about the Institute For Global Transformation. We’ve created a global network for Change-Makers and Transformational Conversation designed to mindfully and creatively explore self, our global challenges and the exciting possibilities for building a better world in the 21st Century. As Change-Makers, we are pioneers in a new mainstream, millions strong, that now exists worldwide.
Millions of people the world over are part of this New Mainstream. It is defined neither by generation, by politico credo, nor by religious creed. The New Mainstream is defined by recognition that we are in a time of awakening to a new mindset, an expanded worldview and yes, a higher-level consciousness for humanity. The New Mainstream is defined by a cosmic pulse of awakening.
This vast group shares a sense of the connectedness of all things. They see themselves as bridge builders. They have deep concerns regarding the environment, economics, social issues, and relationships between people, communities and nations. As a result, they view the world through a radically different lens - a way of seeing that steps out of right and wrong and black and white thinking.
If you consider yourself a Change-Makers, we invite you to become part of our team and help us transform the world.
Before responding, please be sure to go to our website at www.ifgt.org and read through our articles, philosophy page etc. to be sure you are in alignment with our philosophy, vision and mission.
Purpose and Scope of Duties
We are seeking a very special individual who has the skills and vision to realize the potential of the Institute for Global Transformation’s (IFGT) and the Public Services Department. The right person will bring a mix of an outgoing, enthusiastic, "can do" attitude, business acumen, and a genuine passion for public services.
Environmental Program Manager Job Description
Job Purpose: Coordinate and develop environmental program(s)
- Propose various environmental programs
- Be available for a once a month teleconference meeting
Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Engage volunteers involved in the program and provide direction and coordination
- Ensure volunteers receive sufficient support to achieve the goals
- Provide reports as needed
- Schedule all volunteer activity
- Evaluate all aspects of volunteer programs to ensure effectiveness and to recommend/implement changes as appropriate
- Maintain accurate records and provide activity reports on programs as needed
- Track successes and identify problems so that relationships and successes are maintained
- Proficient in basic computer applications, such as word processing, spreadsheets, and internet usage
- Record keeping skills
- Organization and planning skills
- Demonstrated capability to effectively communicate orally and in writing
- Ability to work well with others - team player
- Ability to work productively in an unstructured environment
Time Commitment: 4 to 5 hours per week.
Examples of Environmental Programs you might consider:
- Green Power
- Energy Conservation
- Soil quality
- Climate change
- Air Quality
- Renewable Energy
- Water Purification
- Save energy
- Balanced Ecosystem
- Organic Garden
- People Skills
- Environmental Science
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 18
- 2 - 3 hours a week
- team player,