Love working with kids? Become a Red Cross Preparedness Volunteer today!
WhenIt's flexible! We'll work with your schedule.
WhereThis is a Virtual Opportunity, with no fixed address.
To support the Disaster Services program in raising the level of knowledge in the community about preparing for emergencies, members of this volunteer team will teach youth and provide the tools to be prepared for a disaster.
-give interactive "Pillowcase Project Presentations" teaching youth ages 8-11 about emergency preparedness. These pre-designed presentations will last 40 minutes and can take place in classrooms, church groups, scout troops or anywhere else requested.
-work in pairs, using tools such as a standardized curriculum, workbook, quizzes and activities. The highly interactive presentation addresses home fire safety, a local natural hazard, psycho-social coping skills and household preparedness steps like making a plan and a kit. Students will learn about storing items that they may need to take with them in an emergency and take a pillowcase home with them for that purpose!
-have a great time in this highly interactive role, engaging and teaching youth.
This volunteer opportunity is for you if you:
-love working with kids!
-have a dynamic personality that relates well to the targeted age group of 8-11 (3rd-5th grade).
-are organized, have good time management skills and follow through on commitments.
-have excellent communication skills and strong public speaking abilities.
-are available during normal business hours as most of our presentations are done at schools.
**The next training is in Montgomery County November 17th, but presentation requests come from schools all across the National Capital Region. Details to follow upon acceptance to position.
- Teaching / Instruction
- Public Speaking
- Safety & Disaster Education
- Problem Solving
- Community Outreach
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 2 presentations per month
- various Red Cross training
- Interest and background in...
- Love working with kids? Become a...
- Calling All Social Media Gurus!...
- Provide Comfort, Care and...
- Walter Reed volunteers urgently...
- Join the Red Cross as a...
- Support our Volunteers!:...
- Service to the Armed Forces &...
- Red Cross Logistics and...
- Have an interest or background...
- Are you a leader in your faith...
- ¿Hablas Español? Help the Red...
- Animal Visitation Volunteers...
- Have a background in Program...
- Recruitment Volunteers Needed!