Summer Enrichment Assistants
WhenThu Jun 01, 2017 09:00 AM - Thu Aug 31, 2017 01:00 PM
Where1920 E. Allegheny AvenuePhiladelphia, PA 19134
Summer Enrichment activities:
These activities are normally implemented during the summer months, activities are typically scheduled for 6-8 weeks from the last week in June - August of each year. Volunteers are needed to assist the instructor’s during programming by answering questions, and assisting students with materials during instruction.
- Conflict Resolution - Exercises to promote problem solving skills are provided through direct mentoring and partnerships that provide service during the program
- Teleconferencing - This enrichment program is located at West Philadelphia Corps and is used to visit different states, museums, and educational program or institutes
- Career/job readiness - Each year 3-4Corps provide this component to youth between ages 11-13 to prepare for the world of work.
- Project Based Learning - Each year the Learning Zone program host 50-100 youth ages 10-13 to provide opportunities to learn about work ethics and working in the community to make a change.
- Various recreation - this includes theater, dance, outside speakers, basketball, tennis, fencing, football clinics and outdoor play through agencies such as Black Women in Sports,
- Youth entrepreneurial Workshops- These workshops are provided to children to teach them how to start a business
- Music - Gospel choir, dance, or instrumental instruction.
- Etiquette Program - Be Your Best, which teaches young ladies how to care for themselves and activities work to increase self-esteem
- Trips- All Corps programs take children and youth on trips each year. Those include museums, colleges, TV stations, Sport facilities, swimming, the park, educational institutes, and other youth serving organizations
- PECO Energy Science Program (Temple Corps, Tabernacle, Central and West Philadelphia Corps)
- Pioneer Corps Community Center | 1920 E. Allegheny Avenue, Philadelphia, PA
- Citadel Corps Community Center | 5830 Rising Sun Avenue, Philadelphia, PA
- Temple Corps Community Center | 1340 Brown Street, Philadelphia, PA
- West Philadelphia Corps Community Center | 5500 Market Street, Philadelphia, PA
- Child Development
- Outdoor Recreation
- Problem Solving
- Music Arts
- Theater Arts
Good Match For
Teens People 55+
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Orientation or Training