You are looking for a meaningful, innovative project to contribute your seasoned, high level executive-level skills. You are a visionary and organizational architect who cares about young people and their potential. "Purpose" is a big part of your vocabulary. The idea of re-imagining education is thrilling to you, and you are excited by the idea of jumping headfirst into a creative start up environment with a small team of people who are passionate about the future of education. You would feel a sense of fulfillment in growing an innovative, out-of-the-box education program for high school students, particularly one that has already begun to show immense impact. And last but not least, nothing thrills you more than the opportunity to take on challenges in a start-up environment, and to dig deeply into all aspects of scaling a new program at a pivotal time in its growth. You are looking to commit your time to a cause, not as an outside volunteer but as a co-creator. Is this you? Then read on!
Where are we at?
Since our inception in 2014, we have reached more than 2,000 students; taught over 17 semester-long credit-bearing classes (The QUESTion Class) with a 95% graduation rate and 93% empowerment rate; and implemented our programs in 3 public schools in the South Bronx, NYC. We are now entering in a new phase, planning to implement a multi-school pilot with 12 schools by 2018 and laying the foundation to scale nationally.
Position Description & Responsibilities
With your executive-level experience and hands-on skills, you will enable the transition from the Startup to the Scale-Up Phase. You will serve as a dynamic organizational leader, strategic visionary and hands-on executor. In partnership with our Founder and Executive Director, you will:
- Develop and regularly review our long-term and immediate goals, strategies and plans for growth
- Ensure the successful execution and iteration of our plans
- Enable partnerships with allied groups and organizations where there is synergy and potential for scaling (Policy makers, DOE, Charter Networks, Youth organizations, academia and other significant players in the Re-Imagining Education Movement)
- Build the core elements to support scaling, including but not limited to:
- Refining the delivery model for large and long term scalability
- Identifying best Measuring & Evaluation Tools in partnership with academics, business consultants and other SEL organizations to capture and demonstrate data driven results
- Developing the Teacher Certification Program and the QUESTion Academy
- Developing a centralized Curriculum Repository/Portal
- Implementing the systems, processes and procedures needed (Sales Force, financial systems, HR and legal compliance, etc)
- Strengthen and widen our Fundraising Outreach
What will you gain by working with us?
- Incredible inspiration and creative challenge
- A pioneering role in re-imagining education
- First-hand experience of youth wisdom in action
- A chance to connect with young people in a profound way by exploring core human questions together
- Love, connectivity, purpose, joy, fulfillment
- Action packed days and never ending flow of creativity
- Unleashing your imagination and making the impossible possible
- Resource Development / Management
- Office Management
- Program Management
- Business Development & Sales Management
- Community Outreach
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment