Do you have a passion for helping people, then this may be the place for you? Family in Distress (FID) is looking for a licensed outpatient therapist.
Job Title: Licensed Outpatient Therapist
Position Description: The outpatient therapist will provide culturally competent mental health services to individuals and families who are experiencing varying levels of difficulties due to life situations or mental health concerns.
Major Areas of Responsibility:
- Provide high quality, compassionate and ethical outpatient mental health therapy to clients as scheduled.
- Complete clinical documentation within two weeks of date of service (recommended to be completed daily)
- Actively participate as a positive member of Family In Distress environment.
- Maintain good standing with the appropriate board and insurance entities.
- Complete all recommended continuing education requirements.
- Stay current with updated research and best practices.
- Be aware of community referral sources and refer when necessary.
- Secure client information per HIPAA standards.
- Maintain case files within electronic health record (EHR) that are up to date as described in the Job Expectations handout.
- Perform other duties as assigned (including but not limited to completion of Social Security/Disability forms, authorization and billing forms, phone calls, and participating in case consultation meetings).
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of family systems and their impact on mental health within the family
- Skill in applying varied interventions with individuals/families in crisis
- Skill in working with a variety of cultures
- Skill in working independently and implementing time management strategies
- Ability to provide necessary self-care
- Ability to demonstrate positive team interactions with other clinic staff
- Awareness of personal strengths and appropriate timing for referrals
Education and Experience:
- A masters or doctoral degree in a mental health-related field
- Independently licensed and credentialed with at least three insurance companies (once hired)
- Previous experience in CTSS/Home-based mental health, and/or knowledge of EHR are desirable but not required
- Family Therapy
Good Match For
Teens People 55+
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 26
- Orientation or Training
- Depending on patient hours at least 4 hours
- Volunteer will need to complete a volunteer application provided by FID
- Looking for a Fitness Instructor
- Looking for a Dance Group
- Caring For What Matters Most
- Looking for Volunteers to help...
- Looking for a Grant...
- Licensed Outpatient Therapist
- Entertainment for Event
- Looking for a Fundraiser
- Looking for a Graphic Designer
- Housing Specialist
- Marketing Planner