14 people are interested
ORGANIZATION: Friends of Rowlett/Rescue Animals
Please visit the new page to apply.
14 people are interested
The Grant Writer is primarily responsible for developing and writing grant proposals to foundations and other grant-making organizations to persuasively communicate the mission and programs of Friends of Rowlett Animals (FRAs), a 501(c)(3) organization, to potential funders. Working closely with the Board of Directors, the Grant Writer will assemble and submit grant requests, establish and maintain personal contact and relationships with foundation contacts, conduct prospect research, and maintain a calendar of submissions and other deadlines.
- Developing and writing grant proposals to foundations and other grant-making organizations
- Assembling and submitting grant requests, including letters, proposals, budgets, and presentations;
- Establishing and maintaining personal contact and relationships with foundation contacts and program officers;
- Ensuring prompt acknowledgement of foundation gifts;
- Maintaining calendar to ensure timely submission of letters of inquiry, proposal deadlines, and reports;
- Conducting prospect research;
- Prioritizing projects to keep multiple projects moving in a timely manner;
- Providing writing support for major donor and individual contribution letters and acknowledgements;
- Creating boilerplate text that can form the basis for all of our grants.
The Grant Writer will be able to craft funding proposals in a clear and compelling manner. Excellent writing, analytical, and research skills are desired. Experience with using online databases and other sources to locate biographical, financial, and philanthropic information is preferred. A familiarity with charitable databases like Raisers Edge and Foundation Center is a plus. A solid understanding of budgets, as they relate to proposals and grants, is essential. Three to five years of relevant experience is preferred.
About Friends of Rowlett/Rescue Animals
P O Box 758, Rowlett, TX 75030, US
Our mission is to provide resources, programs and education to promote adoption and care of homeless pets in Rowlett and the Lake Ray Hubbard area.
Friends of Rowlett Animals (FRAs) is a 501(c)(3) all volunteer non-profit organization. FRAs was founded in 2004 and started off with 4 volunteers that wanted to support the Rowlett Animal Shelter . These volunteers sponsored 1 or 2 pets per month and reduced the adoption fees for these highlighted pets in an effort to increase adoptions for the Shelter. Our organization has grown to 100 volunteers and while the Shelter is not an official No-Kill shelter, FRAs has helped the Rowlett Animal Shelter maintain a 98% or better Live Release Rate since 2013! No Kill Shelters must only maintain a 90% or better to be considered No Kill. With this growth now we are able to host multiple off-site adoption events , sponsor heartworm treatments for all dogs in the shelter that test positive for heartworms, sponsor a Barn Cat program for the feral cats , and so much more! FRAs has not only grown in our volunteer size, but we have grown to meet the needs of our community.
Your HomeRowlett or surrounding cities, TX 75088
August 16, 2023
- Donor Management
- Grant Writing / Research
- Reading / Writing
- Community Outreach
- Must be at least 21
- Orientation or Training
- Dedicated time each week