The Fundraising goal for 2017:
Raise $20,000 enabling H.Y.P.E. to Empower, Inc. aims to transform the lives of children, youth, young adults who are infected with HIV and families who are affected by HIV. Through our comprehensive and relevant services at H.Y.P.E. which involve ambarella of current and projected services include; Housing, Social Empowerment, Education, Social Services, Health, Linkage to Care, Advocacy, Outreach.
The proceeds from our efforts will allow us to reach 300 individuals and families this year, and impact virtually 1,000 lives through advocacy.
We aim to cater to everyone in the community who needs attention and assistance regarding HIV, however, our main focus will be the age range mentioned above.
Responsibilities of Committee:
The primary responsibility of the Fundraising Committee is to ensure that H.Y.P.E. to Empower, Inc. meets its goal of raising $50,000 by actively fundraising for the event. The Committee will also be responsible for the overall planning of the Event (s) and for working with Board, Executive Director and other volunteers to implement Goal.
Skills, Attributes, and Prerequisites
- Commitment to the vision, mission, and goals of H.Y.P.E. to Empower, Inc.
- Understanding of H.Y.P.E. as a charitable organization
- Willingness to make a personal annual contribution to H.Y.P.E. to Empower, Inc. and to solicit others
Roles and Responsibilities
- Review all previous year fundraising activity including Annual Appeal and make recommendations for improvements for new fiscal year.
- Conduct a fundraising SWOT analysis and revise and update the previous fund development plan based on findings.
- Hold staff accountable for implementing the strategies of the fund development plan within stated timeframes; measure progress toward goals monthly; troubleshoot with staff as necessary.
- Maintain shared fundraising calendar.
- Analyze relationships with current and prospective major donors and funders, and develop individualized strategies to cultivate or strengthen those relationships.
- Analyze relationships with current and prospective corporate sponsors, devise sponsorship packages, and work with staff and Board to develop relationships.
- Work with Finance Committee to determine annual development budget.
- Work with staff and outside consultants as required to plan and execute fundraising and friend-raising events.
- Along with Executive Director, meet with current and prospective major donors and funders (foundations and corporations).
- Tap respective networks for potential donors of money, time and in-kind support.
- Copy Board on all donor email contacts (and alert board about phone contacts) to ensure CRM is updated; request relevant reports from Board via CRM to inform decisions.
- Report back to the full Board during board meetings.
- Meet monthly or as needed.
- Determine Board fundraising expectations and goals; provide guidance for Board members on meeting fundraising goals; track progress toward fundraising goals both for individual Board members and for the Board as a whole.
- At minimum one in-person monthly meeting
- Bi-weekly check-in conference call
- Allocation of contacting donors or prospects, and peer to peer.
- Volunteer Committee members serve up to five consecutive one-year terms
Relationship with Other H.Y.P.E. to Empower, Inc. Committees
- Committee reports directly to the Executive Director.
Opportunity Location: designated locations, work at home via email/internet, may be asked to attend some of the committee meetings
Contact Name: LaMar Yarborough Title/Role in Program: Founder/Executive Director
Cellular: (678) 902-4973
We strongly support inclusiveness and encourage immigrants, refugees, LGBTQ+, individuals with (dis)abilities, and traditionally marginalized communities to apply
- Event Design & Planning
- Event Management
- Grant Writing / Research
- Event Planning / Management
Good Match For
People 55+ Group
Requirements & Commitment
- Orientation or Training