The Fundraising goal for 2017:
Raise $50,000 enabling H.Y.P.E. to Empower, Inc. to transform the lives of youth, young adults, families, and communities living with HIV. Our youngest member aimed to enroll in our program will be 5 years old and the oldest 30. (The families we serve are affected with HIV and are linked to the individuals who are a part of our organization 5-30 age range) Through our comprehensive and relevant services at H.Y.P.E. which involve community service, HIV education, academic education, and self and social empowerment, the proceeds from the event will allow us to reach 300 individuals and families this year, and impacting almost 1,000 lives.
We aim to cater to everyone in the community who needs attention and assistance regarding HIV, however, our main focus will be the age range mentioned above.
Responsibilities of Committee:
The primary responsibility of the Fundraising Committee is to ensure that H.Y.P.E. to Empower, Inc. meets its goal of raising $50,000 by actively fundraising for the event. The Committee will also be responsible for the overall planning of the Event (s) and for working with Board, Executive Director and other volunteers to implement Goal.
Skills, Attributes, and Prerequisites
- Commitment to the vision, mission, and goals of H.Y.P.E. to Empower, Inc.
- Understanding of H.Y.P.E. as a charitable organization
- Willingness to make a personal annual contribution to H.Y.P.E. to Empower, Inc. and to solicit others
Roles and Responsibilities
- Review all previous year fundraising activity including Annual Appeal and make recommendations for improvements for new fiscal year.
- Conduct a fundraising SWOT analysis and revise and update the previous fund development plan based on findings.
- Hold staff accountable for implementing the strategies of the fund development plan within stated timeframes; measure progress toward goals monthly; troubleshoot with staff as necessary.
- Maintain shared fundraising calendar.
- Analyze relationships with current and prospective major donors and funders, and develop individualized strategies to cultivate or strengthen those relationships.
- Analyze relationships with current and prospective corporate sponsors, devise sponsorship packages, and work with staff and Board to develop relationships.
- Work with Finance Committee to determine annual development budget.
- Work with staff and outside consultants as required to plan and execute fundraising and friend-raising events.
- Along with Executive Director, meet with current and prospective major donors and funders (foundations and corporations).
- Tap respective networks for potential donors of money, time and in-kind support.
- Copy Board on all donor email contacts (and alert board about phone contacts) to ensure CRM is updated; request relevant reports from Board via CRM to inform decisions.
- Report back to the full Board during board meetings.
- Meet monthly or as needed.
- Determine Board fundraising expectations and goals; provide guidance for Board members on meeting fundraising goals; track progress toward fundraising goals both for individual Board members and for the Board as a whole.
- Preparation for and participation in up to once monthly conference calls (as needed)
- Allocation of time to meet with or contact donors or prospects
- Costs associated with participating in fundraising events will be the responsibility of the volunteer committee member
- Volunteer Committee members serve up to five consecutive one-year terms
Relationship with Other H.Y.P.E. to Empower, Inc. Committees
- Committee reports directly to the Executive Director.
OpportunityLocation:desegnated locations, work at home via email/internet, may be asked to attend some of the committee meetings
ContactName:LaMar Yarborough Title/Role in Program:Executive Director
Cellular: (678) 902-4973
We strongly support inclusiveness and encourage immigrants, refugees, LGBTQ+, individuals with (dis)abilities, and traditionally marginalized communities to apply
- Event Design & Planning
- Event Management
- Grant Writing / Research
- Event Planning / Management
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment