Volunteer Recreation Preschool Teacher Assistant
WhenIt's flexible! We'll work with your schedule.
Where6445 Camden Ave.San Jose, CA 95120
OBJECTIVE: To ensure that the teacher has adequate assistance carrying out the daily schedule and objectives.
- Assist teacher in carrying out daily lesson plans.
- Assist in preparation of classroom materials.
- Work with small groups of children.
- Assist with maintenance and up-keep of the classroom.
- Assist teacher with supervision on the playground.
- Accompany and assist with supervision on field trips.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the teacher.
QUALIFICATIONS: Enthusiasm and a strong interest in preschool education is a must. The ability to relate well with preschool children, a general knowledge of child development, child behavior and the processes involved in learning. Be a creative individual who can share his/her talents in the classroom and assist the teacher in the preparation of classroom materials.
REQUIREMENTS: All volunteers must complete a background check through the City of San Jose volunteer program. Abide by all of the City of San Jose Parks, Recreation and Neighborhood Services procedures and policies.
Please click the link below to fill out the online volunteer application.
- Child Development
- Child Care
- Literacy / Reading
- Teaching / Instruction
- Reading / Writing
- General Education
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18