Top Box Foods Volunteer and Community Outreach Coordinator
Looking for an exciting opportunity to make a positive difference in the community?
Top Box Foods is searching for a Volunteer Coordinator and Community Outreach Associate to serve in the Chicago area hiring as early as May or June 2017. Top Box Foods is a non-profit social business with a simple mission: to provide high quality and nutritious food at affordable prices, particularly in Chicago's underserved neighborhoods. To learn more about Top Box Foods, please visit www.topboxfoods.com.
This position is part of the AmeriCorps VISTA program and anyone can apply for this position. VISTA members are committed to bringing individuals and communities out of poverty. Members make a yearlong commitment to serve on a specific project at a non-profit like Top Box Foods. They focus their efforts on building the operational, administrative, and financial capacity of the organization. For more information about the AmeriCorps VISTA program, please visit www.nationalservice.gov/programs/americorps/join-americorps
The goals of this Coordinator include:
- Manage and coordinate large volunteer pool
- Expand volunteer pool, including some PR
- Manage staffing, training and development of volunteers
- Maintain relationships and collaborate with current community volunteers, partners and Top Box Foods staff in order to promote awareness of Top Box Foods and increase access to Top Box Food boxes.
- Implement volunteer database to track volunteer hours, etc.
- Expand our program by adding volunteers and partners in Chicagoland neighborhoods and beyond. This important role allows us to offer affordable, healthy food to many more people.
- Develop an outreach model that successfully maintains and strengthens our existing relationships and helps acquire and foster new relationships. This is critical to our long term success and sustainability of our program.
- Personable/good communication skills on phone and in person
- Organizational skills and creativity
- Attention to detail
- Computer Proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Willing and Able to drive
- Available one weekend a month for deliveries
- Ability to make a year long commitment
Details and Benefits:
- AmeriCorps living allowance rate of approximately $12,000/ year
- Housing stipend of $6,000 /year
- Transportation stipend of between $1,200 and $1,794/year
- Education Award of up to $5,815 upon completion of service to pay off eligible student loans or other eligible education expenses; Or an Alternative Cash Award at the end of service of up to $1,500
- Relocation coverage of up to $550
- AmeriCorps health insurance and child care benefits
- A support network of other AmeriCorps members in Chicago
- Year long commitment
- Members must be 18 or older to apply
How to apply:
To apply, send your resume and cover letter to Paulina Singer at email@example.com. Upon receiving a job offer from Top Box Foods, enrolling in the AmeriCorps program is required before starting.
- Program Management
- Grant Writing / Research
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Orientation or Training
- Full-time position