Volunteer at our charity tasting event showcasing the finest chefs, restaurants & food artisans to benefit local children and youth! The event is in support of Tabor Children's Services.
Volunteers Needed To:
EVENT SET-UP: (must be on site by 2:00PM) Setting up the event space 2 hours prior to the start time. This includes setting up tables, chairs, bar area, linens, table displays and auction items.
CHEF GREETERS: (must be on site by 2:00PM) Greet chefs, restaurant representatives and entertainment and direct them where to go.
GUEST GREETERS: (must be on site by 3:00PM) Greet guests, register guests (electronic registration will be used and must be comfortable using an IPad and have a friendly and outgoing personality.)
EVENT HOSTS: (must be on site by 3:00PM) Hand out program books and bid cards to guests and walk them into event space (A friendly and outgoing personality required.)
AUCTION ITEM AND RAFFLE ATTENDANTS: (must be on site by 3:00PM) Review information about items and prizes prior to the start of the event. Interact with guests and talk about the auction items and prizes. Answer questions they might have and sell raffle tickets. (Friendly outgoing personality and sales skills preferred)
EVENT ATTENDANTS: Walking around event to make sure tables are clear. Check in with restaurants and chefs at their assigned tables and bar tenders and provide assistance if they need anything.
EVENT CLEAN-UP: All volunteers are asked to stay after the event (until 9:30 PM) to help clean-up and break-down tables and stack chairs.
- Volunteers must be 21 years old or older.
- Volunteers will need to attend a volunteer meeting prior to the event. Date/Time TBA
- All volunteers will be asked to review Tabor's mission and understand what the event is supporting. Information to review will be provided.
- Volunteer food will be available from 3:00PM-4:30PM in a separate volunteer room/area. Volunteers are not permitted to eat or drink alcohol during the event.
- Please dress in business professional or cocktail attire. Blue and white colors preferred. All volunteers will be given a name tag that identifies them as an event volunteer.
ABOUT TASTE OF TABOR:
A charity tasting event showcasing the finest chefs, restaurants & food artisans to benefit local children and youth! The event is being held at the historic Aldie Mansion in Doylestown, PA from 5-8PM on Monday, May 22, 2017.
Guests are invited to join us in supporting local youth this May for National Foster Care Awareness Month. May, a usual time for the welcoming of the spring season, graduations, and new beginnings, is also a time to celebrate and support youth in Tabor’s Foster Care, Mentoring, Life Skills and Adolescent Programs who are preparing to "graduate" the child welfare system and transition to independent adult lifestyles.
- Select chefs and restaurants will be paired with a Tabor youth as they work together to serve up some unique flavors for guests to enjoy! *This is not a seated/assigned seated plated dinner event
- Musical performances plus a live and silent auction.
- Complimentary champagne, wine, beer or soda included with a ticket purchase.
- This is a 21 and over event.
The children and youth supported through this event have experienced abuse or neglect and are in need of resources, homes, mentors and life skills training so they can prepare to successfully transition out of the child welfare system and into independent adulthood. The proceeds from this event will assist more than 800 local children and youth.
Visit www.tabor.org for more information! Can’t volunteer, but would like to attend? Tickets can be purchased here: https://tasteoftabor2017.eventbrite.com
- Food & Beverage Services
- Community Outreach
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 21
- Arrive by 2pm - 9:30pm