The Canadian Cancer Society is currently looking for enthusiastic and community minded volunteers to support the annual Daffodil Campaign.
During the month of April, daffodil pins and fresh cut flowers are sold across Canada to raise funds and awareness for the Canadian Cancer Society. Wearing a daffodil pin is a way to show Canadians with cancer that they are not alone. Funds raised through the Daffodil Campaign will make a difference by helping to build community awareness and capacity for research, cancer prevention, and support programs for those living with cancer.
April is the month to fight back!
Retail Pin Volunteers work with the Retail Pin Leader in their community to assemble, distribute, service, collect and track boxes of daffodil pins in retail locations close to their home, work or school.
We are currently recruiting for positions in Downtown Vancouver and the Tricities area.
- Enhance project management, communication, and organizational skills
- Join a team of enthusiastic and interesting people
- Make a difference in the lives of people living with cancer by helping to raise funds and build community awareness for cancer research, cancer prevention, and the Canadian Cancer Society support programs and services
- Play an integral role in supporting the mission, vision, and values of the Society.
Training & Support
- Canadian Cancer Society Volunteer Orientation and Volunteer Handbook
- Campaign-specific training provided by the regional team
- Ongoing support provided by the Pin Distribution Leader
Skills & Qualifications
- Reliable and dependable
- Well organized and detailed oriented
- Working knowledge of Excel
- Creative thinker with problem solving skills
- Flexible and eager to get involved
- Driver's license and access to a reliable vehicle
March 1 - May 1 with a minimum of 2 hours/ week. Most volunteering time will be spent in April.
To apply, please visit www.cancervolunteer.ca and search for "Retail Pin Volunteer". You can select the posting that matches your volunteering location.
If you have any additional questions, feel free to contact us at : firstname.lastname@example.org
We look forward to seeing you soon! Thanks for supporting the Canadian Cancer Society!
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment