Abraham Residence III is an extended-stay Community Residence/Single Room Occupancy (CR/SRO) that provides individual studio apartments for formerly homeless adults with mental illness.
Our residents are excited to learn vocational skills, health related subjects, and more. Here are a few of the skills they are currently looking to learn:
Cosmetology (Nails, Hair, Makeup).
No license is required, but a strong interest and background is preferred. Time commitment is once per month.
Basic Computer Skills (for clients and staff).
No background necessary, just ability to teach computer operation basics to new users. Time commitment is twice per month.
Arts and Crafts (Art Therapy)
Lead art projects with the help of our staff. Time commitment is once per month.
Teach Sex Education
Background in subject area is required. Time commitment is once or twice per month.
Engage residents with hands on, interactive "healthy living" activities (teach how to take blood pressure, track sugar intake, make healthy foods, be active, etc). Time commitment is twice per month.
Teach residents how to make simple, healthy, and fun recipes!
Assistant Fitness Instructor
Help lead a fitness class hosted by one of the Abe III staff members.
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Flexible within hrs of operation.
- Host a Holiday Party or Special...
- Pet Therapist - Brooklyn (Boro...
- Activity Specialist - Bronx
- Participant Activities Volunteer...
- Client Companion - Brooklyn...
- Clerical Assistant - Bronx
- Personal Shopper- Brooklyn
- Activity Specialist - Queens
- Administrative Assistant -...
- Healthy Lifestyle and Nutrition...
- ESL Tutor - Brooklyn (Boro Park)
- Young Professionals: Vocational...
- Big Brother Big Sister Program
- Weekly Shabbat Party Host-...
- Activity Specialist - Manhattan...
- Fundraiser- Brooklyn
- Activity Specialist - Westchester
- Fitness Instructor - Manhattan...
- Road to Independence Closet...
- Front Desk Assistant - Bronx