Sports officials (Referees) are mission-minded leaders. They serve to facilitate a safe and fair environment for competitive sports activities. They assist in ensuring that participants have an enjoyable experience by enforcing the rules and regulations of the game.
Typical Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Demonstrated officiating competence in chosen sports.
- Referees must be physically fit.
- Must commit to adherence to the KROC center game management procedures.
- Volunteers must have the willingness and ability to enforce Salvation Army KROC Center policies.
- Knowledge of the sport and all rules and regulations that govern safe and fair participation
- Must be able to communicate with youth and adults.
- Must complete KeepSAfe Training, CPR/First Aid Training, Concussion Training
Times Needed: Varies
Time Commitment: 3-4 hours per week, seasonal
- Sports Coaching
Good Match For
Teens People 55+
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 16
- Orientation or Training