Looking for a meaningful volunteer opportunity? Become a financial coach with Clarifi! Clarifi Coach is a successful financial coaching program geared towards helping members of the community become financially secure. As a volunteer financial coach you will work with Head Start families who are seeking to reach personal financial goals; such as repairing credit, building an emergency savings account, and financial planning for the future.
Check out our video for more info: https://www.youtube.com/watchv=BXaCzff6Kug
Volunteer Financial Coach
We are excited to announce our upcoming boot camp in partnership with The United Way Chester County, Chester County Intermediate Unit and Head Start. During the boot camp program clients are enrolled in a series of financial workshops where they create realistic action plans with the assistance of our staff and financial planning experts. Volunteer coaches will work one-on-one with clients for six months to engage and motivate clients as they create and pursue realistic financial goals and practice new financial skills.
Volunteer financial coaches will receive comprehensive training in financial coaching which will provide the tools and skills needed to guide a client in developing and implementing an action plan to reach their financial goals and achieve financial stability. Volunteers should have a desire to learn coaching concepts and an ability to remain positive and culturally sensitive. No financial background necessary!
- Commit to 6 months in the program, volunteering a few hours each month.
- Attendance at 3 mandatory events:
- Volunteer Training- This 5.5 hour training is held at The Gordon Early Education Center in Coatesville, PA. Volunteers learn about Clarifi’s mission, programs, and services and receive comprehensive training in a supportive environment.
- Wednesday, March 8 th, 2017 from 1:00 PM - 6:30 PM
- Thursday, March 9 th, 2016 from 1:00 PM - 6:30 PM
- Web Training Thursday, March 23rd 1:00pm to 3:00pm
- Program Launch- At this event, coaches are introduced to their partner clients and spend time completing activities and getting to know one another.
- Wednesday, April 26 th from 4:30:00 PM - 6:30 PM.
- Graduation Ceremony (TBA - October 2017) - Clients who successfully complete the six month program are honored at a Graduation Ceremony. Family and friends of the clients, along with coaches, are invited to attend and celebrate the hard work and successes of the graduates!
- Work with client relating to their personal financial goals involving debt, credit and savings.
- Maintain unconditional positive regard for the client, and at all times be supportive and non-judgmental of the client, their views, lifestyle and aspirations.
- Assist client in resolving current financial situations while shifting the focus to long-term proactive financial management and stability.
- Evaluate and report outcomes of the process, using prescribed reporting procedures to ensure the relationship is successful and to help identify best practices.
Application Process:Interested Volunteers should contact the Coaching Program Team ( email@example.com or call 215-320-1484)
- Financial Planning
- Teaching / Instruction
- Community Outreach
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 18
- 6 Months