Please see our website for more information:
Join RMFI for a challenging and rewarding high altitude project in the Sangre de Cristo Mountains! RMFI will continue our multi-year project to construct a safe and sustainable trail system from the Willow Lake Basin to the summits of Kit Carson Peak and Challenger Point and we are seeking volunteer assistance over a 4-day, 3-night camping and working event to kick off our 2017 work objectives and get us ready for the season.
- This is a very strenuous program. Participants must complete the online application which includes questions pertaining to medical history, outdoor experience, and physical conditioning. (See link to apply above.) If you have trouble with, or questions about, the online application form, firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
- There is a nonrefundable $25 application fee to assist with covering costs of this program, including all meals which will be provided for volunteers.
- Participants must be 18 years of age or older.
- No prior experience is necessary. However, participants must be in excellent physical condition and comfortable living and doing manual labor at elevations of up to 11,500 feet in a remote mountain setting.
- Participants are responsible for transportation to and from the RMFI office in Colorado Springs OR to the Willow Creek Trailhead.
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 16