The Connecticut Association for the Gifted (CAG), founded in 1969, is the pre-eminent parent, teacher, and school resource; and legislative advocate forConnecticut’s talented and high-ability students. CAG provides families with information, resources, and programs to benefit their gifted and talented children; educators with high-quality professional development; and Boards of Education with the tools to support talented students.
The Connecticut Association for the Gifted (CAG) is seeking an individual to serve as a Board member who has a background in IT/Technology to lead information technology planning, assessment of existing systems, workflows, and purchasing needs. The successful candidate will have skills and knowledge of website development, database technology, and online payment systems.The candidate will be responsible for making recommendations for technology products which can enhance CAG’s presence, professionalism and products, and streamline existing processes.
- Willing to become highly knowledgeable about CAG’s existing IT products and applications
- Knowledge of website technology, database technology (Salesforce), and online payment systems (Paypal and Network for Good)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent organizational and planning skills
- Strong work ethic, initiative, and ability to work independently and as a member of a team
Responsibilities to include the following:
- Responsible for helping develop technology budget
- Address CAG’s specific IT needs, make recommendations of best practices and guidelines to streamline processes, and improve productivity
- Collaborate with Executive Director and Board leadership to develop and execute a comprehensive IT plan employing strategies that will broaden programmatic reach and deepen impact.
- Serve as consultant to procuring new IT tools
Previous experience on a non-profit board is helpful. This is an unpaid (volunteer) position. To apply or for further information contact Steph Heisler at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- IT Consulting
- Web Design
- IT Strategy
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment