Volunteers are needed in an array of roles for our upcoming Harlem Girls Empowerment Day designed to ignite the champion in young women ages 7-18 on May 20th. More than 200 girls will be introduced to some of the most accomplished and powerful women in sports (including Olympians) who will share their personal stories...including the ups and downs of their journey to success. Through connection and engagement with these athletes and women like you, together we can inspire a future for these girls beyond survival to one of triumph.
- A/V & Media Volunteers - help with sound and capturing video and photography.
- Floor Team - help guide participants to various activities
- First Aid Station - provide basic first aid
- Clean-up Team - Help keep the event orderly and debris-free
- Registration Team - check-in participants & parents, answers questions and gives directions
- Snack/Break Stations - provide refreshments during the event
- Lunch Team - setup/breakdown lunch station and distribute boxed lunches
- Mentor/Leadership team - meet, greet and encourage the girls to engage with guest mentors
- The Harlem Girls Empowerment Day will include:
- Interactive panel discussions
- Personal testimonies
- Interactive sports clinics
- A closing reception and celebration of the day
- Guests will include professional athletes, women in leadership roles, local female politicians, and successful women from all walks of life.
- Certificates will be awarded to each participant
It takes a village to make this happen and that includes you!
- Event Management
- People Skills
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 6-8 hours