Sponsorship Lead needed for Starry Night Philadelphia 5K Charity Event
The Pediatric Brain Tumor Foundation, the world’s largest non-profit funder to find a cure for childhood brain tumors, is seeking a secretary for the Starry Night 5K. The Starry Night 5K will be in its 4th year and it raising desperately needed funds to find a cure for the 28,000 children in the U.S. living with a brain tumor. For more information about the event and foundation, please go to: http://www.curethekids.org/events/starry-night/.
The PBTF is seeking a talented, passionate, long-term volunteer to help us raise awareness in the Boston area!
Position summary: The Sponsorship and Corporate Lead is responsible for securing local cash and in-kind sponsors, recruiting corporate teams, event entertainment and coordinating PBTF pin-up distribution and sales.
* Recruit a sub-Task Force team of volunteers to assist with securing sponsors, corporate teams, in-kind donations and local PBTF pin-up distribution
* Work with PBTF staff to solicit sponsorship prospects, provide information about PBTF and Starry Night and secure sponsors and corporate fundraising teams
* Contact local businesses about providing in-kind donations such as food, beverages, survivor goodie bag materials and more for Starry Night
* Work with Media Lead to recruit day of event entertainment and a local celebrity emcee
* Contact local businesses with information about PBTF pin-up program
* Work with PBTF staff to coordinate the distribution of PBTF pin-ups and track sales
* Attend monthly Starry Night volunteer Task Force meetings and provide updates to Secretary and Task Force Chair
* Promote Starry Night through daily professional activities
* Attend and provide volunteer leadership at Starry Night
Time Required (approximately): Per month:
· Attend volunteer Task Force meeting (1) 2 hours
· Coordinate sponsorship and corporate volunteers 5 hours
· Track sponsorship and corporate progress and complete tasks 7 hours
· Provide correspondence to Chair, Secretary and PBTF staff 1 hour
· Total: 15 hours per month
· Additional time requirements: One initial planning meeting with Task Force Chair 1 hour
If interested, please contact Brittaney Shade at Bshade@curethekids.org
- Donor Management
- Business Development & Sales Management
- Marketing & Communications (Mar/Com)
- Brand Development & Messaging
- Sales Marketing
- Community Outreach
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Children's Cancer 5K Event Day...
- Social Media Volunteer for...
- Sponsorship Lead needed for...
- Media & Public Relations Lead...
- Use Your Media Savvy to Help...
- Love planning events and want to...
- Committee Chair for Pediatric...
- Media Chair for the Pediatric...
- Love building community...
- Volunteers needed for charity 5K...
- Media/PR Chair Needed for Philly...
- Use Your Sales Skills to Help...
- Outreach Volunteer Needed for...
- Secretary for Pediatric Brain...