Share your musical talents with our patients! We are looking for passionate people who want to share their gifts with our organization. We are a nonprofit in-home hospice serving patients all along the front range.volunteers will visit patients near their own homes. Providing music for patients living in care communities is a wonderful way to enrich the lives of our patients. Please contact Megan at email@example.com for more information or visit www.halcyonhospice.org
Music therapy certification is not required. All required training is provided.
Music Enrichment Volunteer Position Description
Depends on care facility or patient home
Duties & Responsibilities:
Provide music enrichment sessions to patients in care communities or their home. Music enrichment volunteers provide a calming environment and engage patients through music. Volunteers share their musical talents through singing or playing instruments.
Submit accurate and objective volunteer time summary and patient/client contact reports.
Maintain confidentiality at all times.
Attend required training sessions.
Music enrichment does not require a license or certification, but certified music therapists will need to submit a copy of their license. Excellent listening skills (verbal and non verbal), empathy, sensitivity and awareness. Warmth and acceptance, understanding. Ability to be comfortable with people in emotional distress. Awareness of personal limitations. Reliable and flexible. Able to maintain healthy boundaries for self and client. Preferably, someone who has not experienced a personal loss within the past year
Complete a new volunteer application.
Valid Colorado driver’s license.
Annual proof of current automobile liability insurance
Pass a Criminal Background Check
Time Commitment & Training:
Typically visits patients once/week
various care communities in Longmont araea.
- Wind Instrument
- Music Therapy
- Music Arts
- String Instrument
Good Match For
People 55+ Group
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Typically once/week for 1-2 hours
- TB test, Drug Screening
- Music Enrichment/Therapy...
- Music Enrichment Volunteer...
- Music Therapy Volunteers needed...
- Companion Visitor for Hospice...
- Massage Therapy Volunteer Needed...
- Administrative Assistant for...
- Volunteers needed for Nonprofit...
- Respite Visitor for Hospice...
- Volunteer Visitors Needed For...
- Massage/Comfort Touch Volunteer...
- Aromatherapy Volunteer...
- Volunteer Visitors Needed for...
- Companion Volunteers Needed for...
- Art Enrichment Volunteer Needed...
- Certified Therapy Dogs Needed
- Administrative Assistant Needed...
- Licensed Cosmetologist Wanted to...