LtN Nicaragua is looking for someone who can commit to 5 or 13 months starting in July 2017. LtN Program Directors will live and work alongside Manna Project Program Directors. Costs range from $4,500 (5-months) to $8,900 (13-months) This covers all necessary expenses including room, board, program transportation, quarterly retreats, Nicaraguan Visa, language school, cultural excursions, and MEDEX international travel insurance.
LtN Program Directors support the Country Director in all aspects of LtN programming. Responsibilities include:
- Inspiring the youth in Nicaragua to love lacrosse and learn valuable life skills through sports.
- Assist in planning/running lacrosse and PE programs at the schools/community centers where we work.
- Tracking attendance, behavior, and other important metrics.
- Assisting the Country Director in strengthening LtN's Life Skills Curriculum (LSC). Developing and implementing games and activities to teach and reinforce the LSC.
- Assisting with volunteer groups visiting LtN's programs, as needed. Including pre-arrival organization, as well as logistics and hosting responsibilities during the group's stay.
- Helping provide content for LtN's website and social media channels
- Assisting the Country Director in the planning and execution of any local fundraising initiatives or events.
As a part-time Manna PD, they will also have responsibilities including:
- Collaborating regularly with fellow Program Directors and the Country Director to improve the reach and effectiveness of MPI's programs;
- Submitting programmatic reports to the Country Director and regularly tracking metrics to assess the impact of MPI's programs;
- Organizing and leading short-term groups of spring break volunteers and summer interns, ensuring that volunteers conduct themselves in a goal-oriented, culturally sensitive way, and that they are in line with the mission and vision of MPI's holistic approach;
- Training the incoming group of Program Directors, with an eye to efficient, effective, and sustainable progress in programming;
- Fundraising $8900 for on-site programmatic and operational development, room and board, food, in-country transportation, and a weekly stipend of $20; and
- Participating in organization-wide planning and development.
- A willingness to commit to MPI's principles and approach to community development
- Strong relationship-building skills
- Strong collaboration skills and ability to work in a team, professionally and personally, as Program Directors both live and work together
- Enthusiasm to experience a new culture, foods, customs, and step outside your comfort zone
- High level of patience and flexibility, as living and working in a developing country is often unpredictable and moves at a different pace than in the U.S.
- Self-starter, able to succeed in an environment with a high level of autonomy
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- 3 weeks vacation in December, 10 personal days, plus 10 national holidays
- Medex international travel insurance
- A visa to live in-country for the duration of your work with MPI
Manna Project International (MPI) is a 501(c)(3) non-profit that utilizes the passions and energy of young people to empower developing international communities through hands-on learning and service. Headquartered in Orlando,FL with permanent sites in Ecuador, and Nicaragua, MPI strives to foster communities of young adults and encourages them to use their passions and education in service to communities in need.
- Physical Education
- Sports Coaching
- Youth Services
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 18
- Min: 5 months, Max: 13 months