About the Position
We are seeking a Development Associate to help grow our small, thriving nonprofit. The Development Associate will work closely with the president and volunteers to support our fundraising events and other aspects of resource development, and communications needs. The ideal candidate will have 1+ years of experience in fundraising, event management, and development. Effective verbal and written communication skills are paramount. Must be able to work in the United States.
- Supporting the development office/team.
- Managing fundraising events.
- Sponsorships research and expansion.
- Recruiting and managing fundraising event volunteers and committees
Essential Job Functions
- Develop event fundraising strategies, campaigns and calls to action.
- Develop and execute a logistics plan and tactics for mobilization, outreach and event fundraising.
- Draft and edit sponsorship and event fundraising proposals: manage the proposal process, strategize on approach, track opportunities, manage timelines and provide follow-up.
- Implement and monitor metrics and analysis of event fundraising and constituent mobilization campaigns.
- Work with the development team to produce and distribute fundraising event emails, mailings, sponsorship packets and graphics templates, and manage our website interface to reflect same.
- Plan and coordinate fundraising event reports for Board of Directors meetings.
- Recruit, organize, coordinate and manage fundraising event committees and volunteers for the development department.
- Develop partnerships opportunities with local and national companies.
- Develop and implement training programs for all volunteers.
- Maintain updated records on all fundraising event volunteers.
- Set up and attend fundraising event committee meetings.
- Reports to staff on volunteer activities, as needed.
- Drive prospect, corporate, and foundation research.
- Successfully identify, cultivate and solicit corporate donors.
- BA/BS degree or equivalent knowledge or experience.
- 1+ years of professional experience fundraising, sales, event management, or directly applicable experience.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft office and Google Drive applications (Excel and Word are required).
- Flexibility to work some evenings and weekends. Must attend fundraising events.
- Experience in fast-paced non-profit or development environment is helpful.
- Strong interpersonal, verbal and written communications skills are a must.
- Manages all fundraising events, including, but not limited to, our gala, and smaller events.
- Demonstrated knowledge of coordinating, scheduling and planning high-level fundraising events.
- Acts as an ambassador for Maya's Hope in the community by attending community events and meetings and assisting the leadership team with networking opportunities.
- An ideal candidate will thrive in a team environment focused on "getting things done" and supporting the work of others.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to prioritize tasks, balance multiple priorities, meet deadlines and work under pressure.
- Ability to work independently and remotely with a diverse team.
- As a small, lean organization, all team members are required to take on additional responsibilities, including administrative tasks, as they arise.
- Must be able to Problem solve. (Meaning, if you don't know, Google it.)
Please send a cover letter and resume explaining your interest.
Job Type: Full-time
- fundraising: 1 year
- fundraising: 1 year
- Business Development & Sales Management
- Human Resources Assistance
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 22
- 35+ hours per week
- FUN AND PASSIONATE FUNDRAISER!
- Volunteer with neat handwriting
- Tax Letters/Thank You Notes...
- Photo Assistants for Photography...
- Russian-English Translator
- Volunteer Recruiter /...
- Glitter-Loving Marketing Genius
- Research companies to help with...
- Bulgarian/English Translator...
- Make Glitter Cards and Have fun
- Super FUNraisers
- Development Associate at Maya's...
- Karaoke Event Planner and PR...
- Graphic Designer Volunteer
- Grant Writer who produces RESULTS!
- Host to Join Host Committee for...
- Photographer needed for a NYC...
- Sponsor a Child Program Manager