Elders with Alzhiemer's or dementia are still in there but need someone with special caring to spend time with them to help them engage.
They enjoy simple things such as going for a walk, playing active games, painting, having one on one visits, singing, or listening to stories being read.
If you enjoy doing these simple things too, have love and patience for those in need, then this could be a good fit for you and our residents!
Training is available and staff will work with volunteer. Staff can also train volunteer on engaging residents through Montessori activities.
Days and times are flexible, however late mornings and early afternoons are best for our residents, Monday - Saturday. Children under 18 must be accompanied by an adult.
- People Skills
Good Match For
Teens People 55+
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Once a week or twice a month
- Application and interview
- Friday Night at the Movies
- Summer Teen Volunteer Program
- Household Helper
- Do you enjoy poetry?
- Coloring Pages are all the rage....
- Do you have a heart for Elders...
- Chapel Escorts
- Wii Bowling
- Do you have great customer...
- Pamper our ladies with a manicure!
- Parents and Children Welcome