Reports to: Program Director
Summary/Objective: This position is responsible for all phases of Veterans Yoga Project retreats; location, fundraising, and coordinating transportation for veterans to attend.
Identify and communicate with retreat centers that:
- Will accommodate up to 30 veterans and yoga teachers
- Be private (as in we are the sole renters of the facility during a given time)
- Is in a location that will facilitate and foster personal growth through means of connecting with nature (ie hiking, horse riding, swimming, etc)
- Has space for a yoga studio and props
- Has a menu that will accommodate a various array of dietary needs.
- Work with staff to identify corporate sponsors and potential grants with the intention that no veteran will pay to attend the retreat EXCEPT for their own way.
- Work with staff to create a partnership (or applications) with airlines and car rental facilities for reduced travel rates for veterans attending the retreat.
- Ability to communicate effectively
- Ability to handle multiple tasks at once
- Ability to work individually and in groups
- Able to attend bi-weekly or weekly meetings
- Event planning
- Experience in working with a small non-profit
- Experience in negotiating or sale
- Position is unpaid, volunteer role.
- Opportunity to join a team of dedicated volunteers supporting recovery and resilience among our veterans, families, and communities.
- Event Design & Planning
- Event Planning / Management
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- 8-10 hours per week, minimum 12 week commitment