The Boys and Girls Clubs of the Peninsula is currently looking for rising high school and college students to be Academic Youth Development Interns!
Summer Interns will work collaboratively with BGCP staff to implement a summer academic and enrichment program for elementary school kids. The program is designed to use hands-on learning to improve students’ school outcomes and their interest in learning.
BGCP internships provide practical experience for job training and college preparation, as well as eligibility for national service awards. While many colleges and employers look for applicants who have expertise in a certain area, they are also seeking individuals who are community-minded and concerned about the world in which they live.EXPECTATIONS
Interns will work collaboratively with the BGCP Directors, credentialed teachers, and staff to implement a summer academic and enrichment program for elementary age youth. The program is designed to give students’ academic enrichment activities to improve their school outcomes and their interest in learning. The internship will provide an opportunity to experience first-hand work with youth in an educational setting. This is a great role for someone who is considering education as a possible career.INTERN ROLES Academic Youth Development Program Intern
Volunteer as a class assistant during academics & enrichment electives
- Assist in managing a class of 20 or fewer students with the assistance of BGCP staff and a credentialed teacher.
- Designing and running engaging, hands-on enrichment activities.
- Being innovative and open to learning and experimentation.
- Helping to tailor the program to support the students’ efforts and coordinate academic efforts regarding individual members.
- Performing other administrative tasks as needed.
- You will be placed at one of our two different summer programs:
Training: Week of June 12
Program: June 19 - July 21
Training: Week of June 19
Program:June 26 - July 28
- You must commit to at least 3 consecutive weeks within your program
- upport summer program from 8am-4pm Monday-Friday (full day preferred, see below for half day options)
- Morning shift is 8am-Noon
- Afternoon shift is 1pm-4pm
- Rewarding leadership opportunity available to select returning Program Management Interns
- Support new interns
- Serve as liaison between intern cohort & BGCP staff
- Facilitate team bonding activities for cohort
- Must be a rising 9th-12th grader
- Have a desire and experience working with youth.
- Conversational Spanish encouraged but not required.
- Be adaptable and flexible to a changing workplace.
- A positive attitude and mature personality conducive to working effectively as a team player with diverse youth, staff, volunteers, parents/guardians.
Interested in being a part of summer 2017? Apply here: https://www.volgistics.com/ex/portal.dll/ap?ap=1606227065.
Priority Deadline: March 15th
Extended Deadline May 1st
- Program Management
- Teaching / Instruction
- Reading / Writing
- Youth Services
- General Education
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 14
- Orientation or Training
- 3-5 consecutive weeks of program
- Spanish-Speaking Tutors Needed...
- Research and Evaluation Summer...
- Volunteer Youth Academic Tutors...
- "Book Nook" Reading Tutor
- Data Entry Opportunity (Unpaid)
- Marketing and Social Media...
- Coach Youth Basketball!
- Volunteer Youth ESL/English...
- Volunteer with the Boys and...
- Spanish-speaking Tutors Needed
- Be a Running Buddy for Young...
- High School Summer Internship...
- Kindergarten Classroom Support
- Academic Youth Development...
- Help Kids with Homework!
- Bilingual Classroom Support...
- Youth Academic Tutors Needed
- Grant Writing and Research...
- College Mentor for Boys and...
- Event Planning Summer Intern...