- Plan all entertainment & activities for general participants for the entire event.
- Recruit & train ALL volunteers needed to facilitate activities
- Provide a continual schedule of events as activities are secured to publicity, social media chair, Event Co Chairs, and ACS Staff.
- If there are prizes to be awarded for activities- Activities Committee is responsible for securing prizes (donated prizes)
- Plan and implement a master entertainment and activities schedule that appeals to all participants and that offers opportunities for participants to engage in the Society’s guidelines for physical activity.
-Leverage kick-offs, team meetings/rallies, fundraising workshops, bank nights, wrap-ups as opportunities to educate Relayers about event entertainment, activities, and ceremonies, and enlist their help to make the event more personal for teams.
-Collaborate with the Survivor & Caregiver, Mission, Advocacy, and Luminaria Chairs to plan powerful 'Celebrate’, 'Remember’, and 'Fight Back’ ceremonies that are brief, logistically simple, respectful, and emotional.
-Ensure that all other committee volunteers are considering entertainment, activities, and ceremonies integration in their plans.
-Ensure that all entertainment, activities, and ceremonies volunteers/contacts know how much they are appreciated.
- Event Planning / Management
- Community Outreach
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Meeting once a month, 6 hour event in September
- any time needed to help with fundraising efforts of the committee