Hurt 2 Heal Inc. is a non-profit organization that provides a voice for individuals impacted by all forms of abuse. Our mission is to bring awareness to the prevalence and severity of abuse in the United States and support the healing and restoration process of individuals impacted by abuse. We aim to help all individuals affected by abuse by providing the necessary resources and tools needed to promote personal and familial healing.
Hurt 2 Heal Inc. is seeking additional members to join its Board of Directors. Our board members champion the importance of exceptional board leadership and believe - as the organization does - that each and every non-profit needs a strong and effective board to fully accomplish its goals. In addition to standard roles and responsibilities that they must uptake, members of the Board of Directors will be active advocates and ambassadors for the organization and will stand for its mission of being the voice for the voiceless.
Areas of Expertise:
We are seeking diverse leaders with expertise in the following areas:
- Ensuring effective organizational planning.
- Managing resources effectively.
- Determining and monitoring the organization's programs and services.
- Enhancing the organization's public image.
Board Member Responsibilities:
Each board member is expected to exemplify exceptional governance and to remain apprised of new organizational developments at all times.
- Board members are expected to read and understand Hurt2Heal's financial statements and otherwise help the board fulfill its fiduciary responsibilities.
- Board members are expected to attend seventy-five (75) percent of the monthly board meetings per year. They are expected to read board materials in advance of board meetings and come prepared to ask questions and participate in discussions.
- Board members are expected to serve on one or more board committees and actively participate in committee work.
- Board members are expected to play an active role in securing the financial resources necessary for H2H to achieve its mission.
- Board members are expected to leverage personal relationships and connections to help the development committee and staff identify and solicit potential donors, as well as directly invest in Hurt2Heal’s work by making a personal contribution each year.
- Board members are expected to responsibly represent Hurt2Heal in their respective communities and to advocate for Hurt2Heal's mission, programs, and services as appropriate.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org a letter of interest and a biography or resume. The subject line of the email needs to be: Board Member.
- Resource Development / Management
- Donor Management
- Business Development & Sales Management
- Community Outreach
- Retail / Sales
Good Match For
Teens People 55+
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Must be at least 18
- 1 Year Time Commitment
- Direct Marketer
- Volunteer to Spread Awareness
- Mobile App Designer
- Program Coordinator
- Blog Writer
- Board Member
- Local Outreach Specialist
- Newsletter Writer
- Crowdfunding Organizer
- Graphic Designer
- Public Policy Specialist
- Fundraising Coordinator
- Grant Writer
- Public Relations Specialist
- Student Outreach Officer
- Independent Brand Ambassador
- Social Media Campaign Manager