Project Sub-Sahara (PSS) is a small 501 (c) 3 non-profit organization located in Vancouver, WA. We are looking for a dynamic and motivated Grant Writer to play a pivotal role in developing and delivering on the overall fundraising strategy for our upstart organization.
The Grant Writer will have primary responsibility for the preparation of proposals and grant applications, and performance of administrative work in researching, identifying, developing, and responding to funding opportunity announcements from private foundations, and corporate giving programs. Additionally, the Grant Writer builds relationships in the global community and with volunteers and corporate partners. You will manage our organizational image in a cohesive way to achieve our overall goals.
As a Grant Writer, we expect you to be up-to-date with the latest digital technologies and social media trends. You should have excellent communication skills and be able to express our organization’s views creatively.
Ultimately, you should be able to handle our grant and resource development.
- Research grant programs and plans.
- Draft funding proposals/applications.
- Edit draft applications for accuracy, completeness, clarity, and submittal of all required data - in accordance with grant/loan requirements.
- Provide timely advice and information on funding opportunities, requirements, and procedures.
- Provide information, research, analysis, written reports, and recommendations, as needed.
- Knowledge of grant application process and writing of proposals.
- Knowledge of various grant programs available to municipal government.
If you are a savvy grant writer who resides in the US and is interested in leaving a footprint with lasting impact, and who would like to volunteer and help our organization virtually in this endeavor, please contact Dave Beke (email@example.com) or Wesley Jordan (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Child Development
- Grant Writing / Research
- General Education
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- minimum one year--varied virtual hours