Love to write? Care about women's issues? Volunteer for our blog!
106 people are interested
Are you an experienced writer? Want to use your talents to inspire and educate women? Want to be part of a greater feminist movement?
Join us. We need more voices to take our blog from meh to AMEHZING.
LiveYourDream.org (powered by Soroptimist) is an online action network dedicated to three main causes: improving women’s access to education, equipping girls for success, and ending violence against women. Our goal is to connect, mobilize, and empower a passionate community of activists and volunteers to take action to empower women and girls.
Our BLOG contributes to this goal by increasing recognition of the LiveYourDream.org brand and offering valuable content to keep users engaged and active.
Help us build a better blog!
Volunteer Bloggers will contribute thoughtful, original content to LiveYourDream.org’s blog. This is a remote opportunity with flexible hours. Volunteers contribute 1-3 articles (400-800 words each) per month.
You will tackle both assigned topics (which may require mild to moderate online research) and free choice topics (that are subject to editorial approval). Assigned topics may include women's issues, social justice, career advice, lifestyle tips, pop culture commentary, personal stories, and inspirational messages.
Build your body of published work while making a difference!
- A passion for women’s issues and an understanding of contemporary women’s movements
- Outstanding written communications skills and a clear and compelling author's voice
- Excellent research skills; can identify credible sources, gather and organize, and cross check information
- A basic understanding of marketing and online community-building
- Past experience in marketing, social media, or blogging preferred
- Some familiarity with SEO keyword practices preferred
We'll work with your schedule.
This is a Virtual Opportunity, with no fixed address.
- Verbal / Written Communication
- Copy Writing / Copy Editing
- Social Media / Blogging
- Marketing & Communications (Mar/Com)
- A few hours a month, flexible