Are you an experienced writer? Want to use your talents to inspire and educate women? Want to be part of a greater feminist movement?
Join us. We need more voices to take our blog from meh to AMEHZING.
LiveYourDream.org (powered by Soroptimist) is an online action network dedicated to three main causes: improving women’s access to education, equipping girls for success, and ending violence against women. Our goal is to connect, mobilize, and empower a passionate community of activists and volunteers to take action to assist disadvantaged women and girls.
Our BLOG contributes to this goal by increasing recognition of the LiveYourDream.org brand and offering valuable content to keep users engaged and active.
Help us build a better blog!
The Volunteer Blogger will contribute thoughtful, original content to LiveYourDream.org’s blog, offering existing supporters relevant information and also attracting new supporters to the cause. This is a remote opportunity and you can choose your hours. We are looking for someone who can write 2-3 articles (400-800 words each) per month.
You will tackle assigned research & writing projects, but will also be given opportunities to pick your own topics. Assigned topics will include daily living advice, research articles, pop culture, and stories.
Build your body of published work while making a difference!
- A passion for women’s issues and a deep understanding of contemporary women’s movements
- Outstanding written communications skills and a clear and compelling author's voice
- Excellent research skills; can identify credible sources, gather and organize, and cross check information
- A basic understanding of marketing and online community-building
- Past experience in marketing, social media, or blogging preferred
- Some familiarity with SEO practices preferred
- Verbal / Written Communication
- Copy Writing / Copy Editing
- Social Media / Blogging
- Community Outreach
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- A few hours a month, flexible