Project Sub-Sahara (PSS) is a small 501 (c) 3 non-profit organization located in Vancouver, WA. We are looking for a dynamic and motivated Donor Relations Manager to play a pivotal role in developing and delivering on the overall fundraising strategy for our upstart organization.
The Donor Relations Manager will have primary responsibility for the solicitation and acquisition of school supply in-kind donations to PSS. Responsible for spearheading organization’s fundraising efforts. The volunteer will help in developing school supply fundraising plan, securing financial support, running special events and other projects to ensure we meet our annual fundraising goal. Additionally, the Donor Relations Manager represents PSS at events and builds relationships in the community and with volunteers and corporate partners. You will manage our organizational image in a cohesive way to achieve our overall goals.
As a Donor Relations Manager, we expect you to be up-to-date with the latest digital technologies and social media trends. You should have excellent communication skills and be able to express our organization’s views creatively.
Ultimately, you should be able to handle our in-kind donation initiatives.
- Exercises discretion regarding acceptance and/or disposition of donated goods and maintains donor relationship through attentive customer service.
- Acknowledges volunteer in-kind and financial donations in a timely manner.
- Completes donation paperwork for donors.
- Works with donors to ensure the proper processing of donations.
- Facilitates logistics related to delivery of extra donations.
- Keep in contact with existing donors and stakeholders.
- Writing proposals that could attract funds.
- Researches and cultivates relationships with individual and corporate donors and community agencies for the solicitation of in-kind goods.
- Communicates with potential donors regarding items to be donated, as well as planned delivery.
- Overseeing events and campaigns.
If you are a savvy donor relations manager who resides in the US and is interested in leaving a footprint with lasting impact, and who would like to volunteer and help our organization virtually in this endeavor, please contact Dave Beke (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Wesley Jordan (email@example.com).
- Child Development
- Capacity Planning
- Marketing Strategy & Planning
- Brand Development & Messaging
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- minimum of one year--varied virtual hours