At any given time, People for Palmer Park's Marketing & Communication Committee consists of graphic designers, web designers, visual artists, technology professionals, community development marketers, journalism and public relations professionals.
As a group, our job is to:
- PROMOTE all PFPP events, recreational programming partnerships, and any community news in and around Palmer Park.
- ENGAGE the community to share pride and ownership of this public green space and ensure its sustainability.
- MARKET our non-profit through our website, social media, press releases, email marketing, media contacts, merchandise and other forms of communication.
- SUPPORT all other PFPP committees in their marketing efforts.
- STRENGTHEN our organization's brand and continued part in the revitalization of Palmer Park in cooperation of the City of Detroit.
Are you interested in helping a dedicated non-profit continue to revive one of Detroit's most treasured green spaces?
Our all volunteer committee meets on the first Tuesday of each month. We are a small, informal, passionate, and hard-working group. We are especially in need of volunteers with public relations skills, experience writing press releases and basic data entry assistance. We hope you'll join us!
- Data Entry
- Copy Writing / Copy Editing
- Marketing & Communications (Mar/Com)
- Marketing Strategy & Planning
- Public Relations
- Brand Development & Messaging
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 21
- Monthly meeting at Gesu Community Center
- Occasional volunteer time for the organization (ie. events, recreation programs)