Help turn heartbreak into hope: Disaster Cycle Services- Response
4 people are interested
Become a member of the nationwide cadre of disaster workers trained to provide compassionate, responsive service to those impacted by disasters large and small. Disaster responders assist the Red Cross in delivering mission by alleviating human suffering caused by disasters, locally through participation as a Disaster Action Team member and nationally as a trained Disaster Responder. Through training/development and field experience, responders have an opportunity to serve large scale operations within a Region, Division or across the country.
OPEN TIME DAYS
Local response commitment is based on availability and rotating on-call schedule; national response commitment requires deployments of 14 consecutive days- when activated through national response network.｠REQUIRED TRAINING
- Disaster Cycle Services: An Overview
- Diversity Sensitivity and Awareness
- Disaster Action Team Induction
- Casework Curriculum or Operational Curriculum (GAP)
We'll work with your schedule.
433 Center StreetAshtabula, OH 44004
- People 55+
- Once trained may remain active as long as required training is updated and engagement criteria met.