Disaster; Spiritual Care; Board-Certified Chaplain: Disaster Spiritual Care Responder
The Disaster Spiritual Care responder provides disaster spiritual care support to individuals and families who have been impacted by a disaster.
OPEN TIME DAYS
Varies depending on local disaster events; minimum 8-hours per month
* Orientation to the Red Cross
* Disaster Spiritual Care Orientation (taken at professional cognate conference)
* Disaster Cycle Services: An Overview
* Psychological First Aid
* Disaster Action Team Fundamentals
* Shelter Fundamentals (recommended)
* CPR/First Aid (recommended)
* Casework and Recovery Planning Fundamentals (recommended)
About American Red Cross - Northeast Ohio Region
3747 Euclid Ave., Cleveland, OH 44115, US
The American Red Cross prevents and alleviates human suffering in the face of emergencies by mobilizing the power of volunteers and the generosity of donors.
Every single day, the American Red Cross helps people in emergencies. Whether itﾒs one displaced family, thousands of disaster victims, or providing care and comfort to an ill or injured service member or veteran or support to a military family member, our vital work is made possible by people like you. It is through the time and care of ordinary people that we can do extraordinary things.
244 West South StreetWooster, OH 44691
September 15, 2021
- People 55+
- Once initial training is completed, the volunteer can remain active as long as any training updates