Mental health and wellness are reflected in one’s ability to have fulfilling relationships, successfully adapt to change, and coping with adversity. Mental health problems like depression, anxiety and family conflict keep us from mental wellness. Kenneth Young Center is here to serve you and your community to "help people feel good, do better, and find solutions."
Here is where your community service project may begin:
Let’s GET STARTED!
To be able to speak comfortably about mental health and wellness and services that are available to help people find solutions and live better lives.
Learn--Go to the Kenneth Young Center (KYC) website and research:
Mental health and wellness, and how it affects one’s life
KYC as an organization, i.e., our history and outreach
The variety of service plans available through KYC, as well as other private and government-based resources
Educate--Create a 10-second "elevator-speech" about KYC to educate people about us and our services.
Promote the HUSTLE for HEALTH Run/Walk by sharing:
The Run is 5K in length, and it is timed (fees are applied for official "chip-times")
The Walk is 3.1 miles (5K) in length, and a donation is requested)
Conveniently located at Busse Woods in Elk Grove Village
Food, music, games and activities are included
Bring your four-footed friends-all must be on a leash
Recruit at least five (5) Team Leaders to join in on the fun at Kenneth Young Center’s annual Run/Walk for Mental Health and Senior Services.
If you wish to participate in this Service-Hours program
Call or email Colette Young at (847) 524-8800, ext. 182 or email@example.com
To REGISTER for HUSTLE for HEALTH, go to: kycwalk.everydayhero.do
- People Skills
- Mental Health
- Public Speaking
- Community Outreach
Good Match For
Teens People 55+ Group
Requirements & Commitment
- Up to 20 hours community service may be given
- Required to learn about mental wellness, its impact on the community & Kenneth Young Center services
- Conversational in Urdu, Hindi or...
- Hustle for Health--A Family and...
- Home-Delivered MEALS Driver for...
- WE NEED YOU!--Home-Delivered...
- Senior Advisory Council and...
- Help the Helpers! Be a Care...
- Home-Delivered MEALS...
- Student Service / Community...
- Conversational in Korean? Help...
- Finance & accounting...
- Fashion Show Committee Member
- Help Seniors remain independent!...