The Volunteer Program Coordinator (VPC) is a volunteer responsible for planning, organizing and directing the volunteer programs associated with the Dallas Area Parkinsonism Society (DAPS).
- Organizes, coordinates and manages the recruitment of volunteers for the various DAPS programs.
- Actively works with social, civic and local organizations to develop partnerships, where appropriate, to develop and/or utilize volunteers.
- Develops and implements training programs for all volunteers.
- Maintains updated records on all volunteers.
- Sets up and attends volunteer meetings. Reports to staff on volunteer activities as needed.
- Recommends and develops ongoing volunteer utilization.
- Develops and implements a volunteer recognition program.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree is preferred.
- Prior experience as a volunteer program coordinator for a public or non-profit employer.
Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent written presentation and communication skills.
- Must be a persuasive communicator and excellent team builder.
- Exceptional organization skills with an eye for detail; the highest degree of professionalism and follow-through.
- Frequently required to sit, stand, walk, talk, hear, bend and reach.
- Ability to reach with hands and arms.
- May occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 lbs.
Apply now by filling out the application at http://bit.ly/dapsvolunteerapp.
- Program Management
- Basic Computer Skills
- People Skills
- Verbal / Written Communication
- Community Outreach
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 22
- To be determined - up to 20 hrs/wk estimated
- Team building skills