Volunteer Healthy Lifestyles
- A group opportunity. Invite your friends.
66 people are interested
Healthy Lifestyles volunteers will help Club members understand the importance of adopting a healthy diet, practicing healthy lifestyle choices and making a lifelong commitment to fitness. Through evidence based programming and activities that occur 2-3 times a week, volunteers can participate in the following:
- Speaking to members about the importance of nutrition/healthy eating
- Supporting physical activities with the members
- Speaking with members about the importance of daily exercise
- Planting and maintaining a garden with the members (Summer Only)
- Teaching members etiquette in a variety of areas of life
About Boys & Girls Club of Lake County
1801 Sheridan Rd., Ste. 202, North Chicago, IL 60064, US
To inspire all young people, expecially those who need us most, to reach their full potential as productive, caring, responsible citizens.
The Boys & Girls Club of Lake County is a non-profit organization serving youth between the ages of 6 and 18 in the communities of Waukegan, North Chicago and Zion through after-school and seasonal programming. Through donations of time, talent and treasure, the Club is affordable for all families.
As part of a nationwide affiliation of more than 4000 Clubs, we have access to evidence-based after-school and summer programming curriculum that supports our priority outcomes for academic success, good character and citizenship and healthy lifestyles. The Club offers this programming and more in small group activities, field trips and guest speakers. Club trained professional staff and volunteers help Club members in the following:
- succeed in school
- stay healthy
- learn important life skills
- pursue interests in the arts and sports
- explore vocational choices
We'll work with your schedule.
724 S. Genesee St.2230 McAree Rd730 Martin Luther King Jr DrWaukegan, IL 60085
- People 55+
- Background Check
- Must be at least 16
- Orientation or Training
- Under 18 years of age need parent supervision, $10 is due with volunteer application to help offset the cost of the background check