The Geek Group is looking for more team members who are interested in assisting in our grant writing process. We need people who enjoy doing research online.
Your responsibilities would include working in our grants database to do research on leads and determine if they are an appropriate fit, and making notes on specific features (such as deadlines, paperwork required).
No specific skills are required for this, although a general sense of comfort with computers is useful. We will train you (it's not involved) and be available for questions as you go. You would help team members save time when they move onto the act of writing grants.
This is a great opportunity for people seeking volunteer hours for school, work or the community. It is flexible - anytime between 10am-6pm Monday-Friday. No minimum hours per week, although we request that you be reliable with your availability comitted.
If you are considering entering the world of administration, non-profit management, research, or data management this would be a good hands-on learning opportunity.
- Data Entry
- Basic Computer Skills
- Library Sciences
- Internet Research
- Market Research / Analysis
Good Match For
Teens People 55+
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 16
- Orientation or Training
- Grant writing: Research and...
- French Instructor for Teens
- Music Instructor for Teens
- Wordpress Development
- American Sign Language...
- Art Program Coordinator / Intern...
- Audio / Visual Production
- Graphic Design & Print Design
- Receptionist / Greeter
- Audio / Visual Post Production
- Web development: Python
- Administration & Member Services
- Animation & Graphic Design
- IT & Computer Technician
- Film Studies Instructor for Teens