Are you a Basset Hound lover and a Web Developer? This could be the volunteer opportunity you’ve been looking for!!!
BHRSC is looking for a Webmaster volunteer to support the ongoing functions and maintenance of the BHRSC Website.
The ideal candidate for this position will have prior WordPress experience in the Administrator’s Console, and feels comfortable in performing the following tasks:
- Create, Modify and Delete user accounts as necessary.
- Make updates to the website’s Pages, Posts, Events Calendar, and Hound Postings (Available for Adoption, In need of a Foster Home, Adopted, etc.).
- Online Shop maintenance (Create & Update Products, Shipping rates, etc.)
- Run website backups.
- Install new plugins and update existing plugins.
In addition to the task-based Administrator Console work identified above, someone with experience in modifying an existing WordPress theme, through the use of industry plugins and making code changes to PHP templates is necessary.
The site uses Stripe as it’s on-line commerce solution so the prospective candidate must be willing to become familiar with Stripe integration into WordPress.
Proficiency with a cPanel hosting environment for administrative tasks to the site is necessary as well. Usage of FTP clients for manipulation of server assets is also required.
The amount of time required for this position will vary from month to month and will depend upon need. The person in this role will need to commit a minimum of 1 hour weekly for a GoTo Meeting conference call, and approximately 20 to 40 hours per month, specifically for hands-on work on the BHRSC website.
- IT Management
- Database Administration
- Website Project Management
- Macintosh Platform
- Computer Science
- PC Platform
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- 20 to 40 hours per month
- Fundraising Campaign Writer
- Adoption Co-Coordinator
- Home Visit Assistant
- Bids & Bites Coordinator
- Fundraising Coordinator
- Owner Intake Facilitator
- Publicity Coordinator
- Spring Games Coordinator
- Grant Researcher/Writer
- Foster Coordinator Assistant
- Volunteer Coordinator Assistant
- Special Projects Writer