Public Services Department Director
To begin, I’d like to share a little information about the Institute For Global Transformation. We’ve created a global network for Change-Makers and Transformational Conversation designed to mindfully and creatively explore self, our global challenges and the exciting possibilities for building a better world in the 21st Century. As Change-Makers, we are pioneers in a new mainstream, millions strong, that now exists worldwide.
Dianne Collins refers to this new group as the Consciousness Crowd. She says: "Millions of people the world over are part of The New Mainstream. It is defined neither by generation, by politico credo, nor by religious creed. The New Mainstream is defined by recognition that we are in a time of awakening to a new mindset, an expanded worldview and yes, a higher-level consciousness for humanity. The New Mainstream is defined by a cosmic pulse of awakening."
This vast group shares a sense of the connectedness of all things. They see themselves as bridge builders. They have deep concerns regarding the environment, economics, social issues, and relationships between people, communities and nations. As a result, they view the world through a radically different lens - a way of seeing that steps out of right and wrong and black and white thinking.
If you consider yourself a Change-Makers, we invite you to become part of our team and help us transform the world.
Before responding, please be sure to go to our website at www.ifgt.org and read through our articles, philosophy page etc. to be sure you are in alignment with our philosophy, vision and mission.
Purpose and Scope of Duties
We are seeking a very special individual who has the skills and vision to realize the potential of the Institute for Global Transformation’s (IFGT) and the Public Services Department. The right person will bring a mix of an outgoing, enthusiastic, "can do" attitude, business acumen, and a genuine passion for public services.
The Department encompasses a broad range of possible services
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
- The Director is responsible for all aspects of the Public Services Department’s operations including creation of programs and their administration.
- Select, manage and inspire volunteers to support the activities of the department.
- Coordinates the activities of volunteers to fulfill the department’s objectives.
- Supervises the Department’s successful fulfillment of its mission and goals with regard to programs, participant growth and quality of services to the membership and the general public.
- Sets the goals and directions of the Department and makes sure these goals are in alignment with the vision, mission and values of the Institute For Global Transformation(tm).
- Works with the Marketing Director to develop advertising for the department and its programs
- Participates in the once a month, one-hour teleconference meetings.
- Provides immediate and direct feedback to the CEO as to what procedures may not be advantageous to the department.
- Facilitates clear communications within the Department by answering all correspondence and contacts and making needed decisions in a timely manner.
- Demonstrates effective meeting facilitation techniques.
Key requirements include
Proven leadership ability
- The ability to manage and direct the activities of volunteers to achieve a common goal.
- Have some experience in project management.
- Strong administrative skills, good writing and speaking skills.
- Sufficient time to carry out the responsibilities of the position. (minimum3 - 4 hours per week)
- Respect for all races, creeds and religions.
- Executive Admin
- Community Outreach
- Project Management
- Relationship Building
- Environmental Education
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 24
- 3 - 4 hours a week
- team player