Programming Outreach Coordinator [Volunteer Position]
The Programming Outreach Coordinator will find, create, and execute opportunities for year-round GeekGirlCon programming and content. We are looking for four Outreach Coordinators, each of whom will support one of four regions in the Seattle area. These individual will work closely with the Programming teams to ensure partner arrangements are honored and content is delivered. Reports to the Programming Outreach Manager.Duties
- Seeks out opportunities for partnerships and collaborations with mission-aligned groups such as workshops, panels, events, fundraisers, meetups, game nights around their designated region in the Seattle Area
- Maintains positive and productive relationships with community organizations
- Encourages and enables collaborations between Programming teams
- Tables at outreach events on behalf of GeekGirlCon
- Hosts Programming Outreach events
- Acts as backup when event hosts are unavailable
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Enthusiastic, upbeat, and personable
- Able to work effectively both independently and in a team
- Comfortable speaking publicly on behalf of GeekGirlCon
- Reliable transportation around their region
- Demonstrated excellence in organization, communication, and time management
- 10 hours per week
We are looking for four Outreach Coordinators, one to cover each of the following regions. Please specify which region you are applying to cover in your application:
- North Seattle region : Includes Northgate, Lake City, Edmonds, Montlake Terrace, Shoreline, and Lynnwood.
- Central Seattle region : The area between the Puget Sound and Lake Washington from Greenwood to Columbia City.
- South Seattle region : Includes West Seattle, Burien, Beacon Hill and Renton.
- Eastside Seattle region : The area east of Lake Washington to Issaquah, from Woodinville to Newcastle, including Mercer Island.
- GeekGirlCon staff positions are all volunteer, non-paid positions.
- Attendance in person at monthly staff and departmental meetings is required.
- Most work and design meetings are conducted over email or Skype.
- The staff is a team of highly dedicated, geeky, and passionate volunteers; it’s a lot of hard work, but an amazing experience with lots of opportunity to help build GeekGirlCon for the future.
Apply hereAbout GeekGirlCon
GeekGirlCon celebrates and honors the legacy of women contributing to science and technology; comics, arts and literature; and game play and game design by connecting geeky women worldwide and creating community to foster continued growth of women in geek culture through events. GeekGirlCon has hosted over 100 special events since August 2010 and continues to create and collaborate on fun and geeky events throughout the year, including the annual convention.
GeekGirlCon is comprised of an all-volunteer staff dedicated to recognizing and celebrating the contribution of women in all aspects of geek culture. Our staff members have a range of geeky passions, from anime to coding and Dungeons & Dragons to nerdcore. You’ll catch us counting down the seconds until the nextDoctor Who and rushing home to raid dungeons. GeekGirlCon welcomes all ages, races, sexual orientations, gender identities, creeds, physical and mental abilities, and familial statuses to our staff, volunteer team, and events.
- Program Management
- Youth Services
- Community Outreach
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- 5-10 hours per week
- Monthly Sunday staff meetings; Attendance at 2017 annual convention 9/31 & 10/1