Programming Outreach Manager [Volunteer Position]
The Programming Outreach Manager finds and creates opportunities for year-round GeekGirlCon programming and content. This individual will work closely with the Programming teams to ensure partner arrangements are honored and content is delivered. Reports to the Director of Programming.Duties
- Manages the Programming Outreach Team
- Covers events and outreach opportunities outside the regions of the Programming Outreach Coordinators, including online outreach events
- Seeks out opportunities for partnerships and collaborations with mission-aligned groups. Such opportunities include workshops, panels, events, fundraisers, meetups, and game nights around the Seattle area
- Maintains positive and productive relationships with community organizations
- Encourages and enables collaborations between Programming teams
- Tables at outreach events on behalf of GeekGirlCon
- Acts as backup when event hosts are unavailable
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Enthusiastic, upbeat, and personable
- Able to work effectively both independently and in a team
- Comfortable speaking publicly on behalf of GeekGirlCon
- Able to travel around the greater Seattle area
- Demonstrated excellence in organization, communication, and time management
- 10-15 hours per week
- GeekGirlCon staff positions are all volunteer, non-paid positions.
- Attendance in person at monthly staff and departmental meetings is required.
- Most work and design meetings are conducted over email or Skype.
- The staff is a team of highly dedicated, geeky, and passionate volunteers; it’s a lot of hard work, but an amazing experience with lots of opportunity to help build GeekGirlCon for the future.
Apply hereAbout GeekGirlCon
GeekGirlCon celebrates and honors the legacy of women contributing to science and technology; comics, arts and literature; and game play and game design by connecting geeky women worldwide and creating community to foster continued growth of women in geek culture through events. GeekGirlCon has hosted over 100 special events since August 2010 and continues to create and collaborate on fun and geeky events throughout the year, including the annual convention.
GeekGirlCon is comprised of an all-volunteer staff dedicated to recognizing and celebrating the contribution of women in all aspects of geek culture. Our staff members have a range of geeky passions, from anime to coding and Dungeons & Dragons to nerdcore. You’ll catch us counting down the seconds until the next Doctor Who and rushing home to raid dungeons. GeekGirlCon welcomes all ages, races, sexual orientations, gender identities, creeds, physical and mental abilities, and familial statuses to our staff, volunteer team, and events.
- Program Management
- Cross-cultural Communication
- Verbal / Written Communication
- Youth Services
- Community Outreach
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Orientation or Training
- 10-15 hours per week
- Monthly Sunday staff meetings; Attendance at 2017 annual convention 9/31 & 10/1