Bookkeeper [Volunteer Position]
The Bookkeeper serves an integral operational role and will work directly with the Internal Operations Director and Executive Director. The bookkeeper will ensure that all financial information is up to date in Quickbooks so that decision-makers are able to access relevant data when required. The person in the role will also help to maintain records and ensure that GeekGirlCon remains in compliance with local and federal taxes. They will also help to enforce GAAP.
We are willing to train train the right candidate; this is fantastic role for career development!Job Duties
- Maintain and update quickbooks file monthly
- Input transactions in general ledger
- Track and file receipts
- Work with Directors to create budgets
- Generate financial reports for decision makers
- Ensures that we remain in compliance for Federal, City and States filings
- Assist with filing of 990, Business Tax, and Admissions Taxes
- Have excellent analytic and mathematical skills
- Be self-motivated and able to work effectively both independently and within a team
- Possess superior organizational skills and the ability to prioritize, problem solve, and multitask
- Exhibit a keen attention to detail, including follow-through and follow-up
- Have strong interpersonal and relationship-building skills
- Be able to complete projects unassisted
- Possess a high degree of flexibility
- Bookkeeping certification OR 3+ years of practical work experience
- Proficient with Quickbooks Online and Excel
- GeekGirlCon staff positions are all volunteer, non-paid positions.
- Attendance in person at monthly staff and departmental meetings is required.
- Most work and design meetings are conducted over email or Skype.
- Volunteering during the con is encouraged but not mandatory.
- The staff is a team of highly dedicated, geeky, and passionate volunteers; it’s a lot of hard work, but an amazing experience with lots of opportunity to help build GeekGirlCon for the future.
Apply here.About GeekGirlCon
GeekGirlCon celebrates and honors the legacy of women contributing to science and technology; comics, arts and literature; and game play and game design by connecting geeky women worldwide and creating community to foster continued growth of women in geek culture through events. GeekGirlCon has hosted over 100 special events since August 2010 and continues to create and collaborate on fun and geeky events throughout the year, including the annual convention.
GeekGirlCon is comprised of an all-volunteer staff dedicated to recognizing and celebrating the contribution of women in all aspects of geek culture. Our staff members have a range of geeky passions, from anime to coding and Dungeons & Dragons to nerdcore. You’ll catch us counting down the seconds until the next Doctor Who and rushing home to raid dungeons. GeekGirlCon welcomes all ages, races, sexual orientations, gender identities, creeds, physical and mental abilities, and familial statuses to our staff, volunteer team, and events.
- Data Entry
- ETC / Tax Assistance
- Administrative Support
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Orientation or Training
- 5-10 hours per week
- Monthly Sunday staff meetings; Attendance at 2017 annual convention 9/31 & 10/1