Mission: St. Louis empowers people to transform their lives, families and neighborhoods. The Job & Leadership Training program works with young men from at-risk communities to teach job training and leadership skills. The program includes weekly classes, personal mentorship and an internship at a local business. Approximately 38% of the students do not have a GED/HiSET or high school diploma. The lack of education is keeping them from job opportunities and advancement in the workplace. To bridge the gap, we will begin offering HiSET prep classes and will pay for any JLT student to take the HiSET exams.
What we're looking for:
- Current or retired teachers, educators or tutors
- Students studying education or related fields
- Comfortable teaching a set curriculum with a small group of students. All materials and extra study resources will be provided.
- Able to commit to one night per week (Tues or Thurs, 6-9pm) for at least 12 weeks starting in June
- Literacy / Reading
- Adult Education
- Math / Science Instruction
- Teaching / Instruction
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 18
- 3 hours