Global Potential (GP) transforms youth from underserved communities through education, service learning and cultural exchange into globally competitive leaders of positive change in their lives and communities. GP is an 16-month transformative after-school and summer program that works with 500 youth a year in New York City. The GP program includes 14.5 months of workshops locally and 1.5 months of international service learning and cultural exchange in the Dominican Republic, Haiti, and Nicaragua.
We are seeking a highly motivated, focused, outgoing individual to coordinate activities involved in managing and organize internal and external communications aimed at creating encouraging point-of-view among stakeholders on which the company depends . The Corporate Relations Coordinator will be integral in sustaining this growth, making a significant contribution to the organization and the youth we serve. As the coordinator of corporate relations you will play an integral role in integrating Global Potential's mission, values and goals to stakeholders. This is an opportunity for a motivated self-starter interested in helping to implement our fundraising strategy over the course of the next year. You will be spearheading fundraising efforts and delegating tasks to other staff interns while receiving support and guidance from the Director of Operations .
Position reports to: Director of Operations, Executive Director
- Attending events in the community to engage new members and donors
- Becoming familiar with the inner workings of a non-profit organization
QUALIFICATIONS (Who we are looking for):
Skills and Knowledge
- Solid writing, communication, organizational and time management skills
- Self-motivated, detail-oriented, enthusiastic personality
- Ability to work independently and creatively, as well as part of a team
- Strong computer skills (PC or MAC): Microsoft Office, Internet
- Spanish or French Language a plus
Other work requirements:
- Passionate about underserved youth and commitment to GP mission,
- Interest in working with non-profits or in international development.
- Proven interest in corporate relations a plus
In terested candidates should send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org . Indicate "Corporate Relations" in the subject line.
- Resource Development / Management
- Donor Management
- Business Development
- Community Outreach
- Market Research
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- 6 month commitment minimun
- 10-15 hours per week