WhenIt's flexible! We'll work with your schedule.
Where1391 Speer BlvdSuite 250Denver, CO 80204
Under the supervision of the Development Team, the intern will obtain firsthand experience and training in the following areas:
- Experience the planning and implementation of various signature NKF events including the Kidney Walk and Great Chefs of the West Gala to learn about all aspects of special event management including in-kind donations and volunteer coordination.
- Learn about various forms of media outreach including social media outlets, newsletter articles, press releases, and how to research and identify new media opportunities.
- Learn about non-profit development, event management, media outreach and corporate communications.
- Attendance at Board and Committee Meetings are recommended as part of the learning experience.
- Learn to articulate an organization’s mission and strategic initiatives.
- Student working towards a degree in non-profit management, communications, business or a related field.
- Keen interest in learning about non-profit development, event planning, and programs.
- Self-motivated and willing to take initiative.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
We value all of our interns, and go the extra mile to make sure you receive a learning experience that fits your career goals. You will also learn how to work in a professional environment and have the ample opportunity to network with department leaders and other professionals in the non-profit field.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this position. They are not intended to be considered as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required. Interns are not guaranteed positions with the Foundation at the conclusion of their internships. Further, interns are not considered employees, and therefore, are not eligible to receive monetary compensation or to participate in the Foundation’s benefits programs available to its employees.
- Data Entry
- Program Management
- Administrative Support
- Customer Service
- Community Outreach
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 8-10 hours a week