Using food donations given to The Salvation Army Parkview Corps location, prepare a simple meal for the VAST Men's and Women's support group and clean up afterwards.
Location: Parkview Corps, Lyndale Ave Minneapolis
Time: 4:30-7:30 PM:
Arrive 4:30 PM
Prep meal to serve at 6:15 PM
7:00-7:30 PM clean up
Tasks: Cook the meal (often warming up food donated from area restaurants), set up serving table and serve meal to guests, and clean up afterwards.
The VAST (Volunteer Aftercare Support Team) is a group of Correctional Services Department volunteers who are dedicted to helping men and women coming out of prison or rehab successfully transition back into the community, by helping with employment, housing, support groups, basic needs, etc.
- Cooking / Catering
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 4:30-7:30 PM, 1 year commitment
- Volunteers must complete The Salvation Army's Safe from Harm training prior to volunteering.
- Salvation Army - Virginia, MN
- Librarian -- Downtown Minneapolis
- Food Shelf Stocker or Escort --...
- Friday Food Distribution -- East...
- Salvation Army - Willmar, MN
- Book Club Volunteer -- Downtown...
- Salvation Army - Albert Lea, MN
- Salvation Army - Austin, MN
- Meal Serving/Lunch Program...
- Birthday Party Volunteer --...
- Salvation Army - Minot, ND
- Salvation Army - Rochester, MN
- Food Shelf Stocker - St. Paul
- Food Service Kitchen Assistant -...
- Salvation Army - St. Cloud, MN
- Salvation Army - Mankato, MN
- Food Shelf Helper - Minneapolis
- Free Produce Distributor
- Salvation Army - International...
- Salvation Army - Jamestown, ND