Cornerstone is a peer support group, giving clients from our community an opportunity to discuss issues they are facing in their daily lives.
The clients in our program are:
- age 18-24
- single, pregnant or parenting
- in a high-risk category due to being below the poverty level
- many have mental health issues and/or learning disabilities
- many have experienced abuse in their past or present relationships or family of origin
- some are former foster youth
- all are working towards completing educational goals (GED, diploma, post-secondary degree or certificate)
Cornerstone volunteers provide childcare for our client’s children (infants to approx. age 8) so that their parents can participate in these extremely beneficial peer support groups.
Volunteers assist staff and are placed in the childcare level that they are most comfortable. In addition to childcare, volunteers will interact with children with the following types of activities: arts and crafts, drawing, games, puzzles, reading to children and physical activities such as basketball, etc.
Available to junior volunteers ages 13-17 and those over 18
Cornerstone takes place every Tuesday night. Choose any or all of the following volunteer shifts offered every Tuesday!
Nursery Setup: 3:00pm - 4:00pm
Meal prep: 5:30pm
Child Care: 6:15pm - 7:30pm
Clean up: 7:30pm - 8:00pm
- Child Care
- Food Service
- Youth Services
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 13
- Help each week or when schedule permits
- Cornerstone Volunteer
- Gardener Volunteer
- Art/Drawing Volunteer!
- Skilled Painter
- Accounts Receivable Volunteer
- Handyman volunteer!
- PASS (Parents Acquiring Skills...
- Tutor - Homework Helper!
- Back to School Bash Prep!
- Administrative Volunteer
- Vision Assistant Volunteer
- Back to School Bash!
- Administrative Assistant Volunteer
- Health Clinic Store Room Volunteer