Cornerstone is a peer support group, giving clients from our community an opportunity to discuss issues they are facing in their daily lives.
The clients in our program are:
- age 18-24
- single, pregnant or parenting
- in a high-risk category due to being below the poverty level
- many have mental health issues and/or learning disabilities
- many have experienced abuse in their past or present relationships or family of origin
- some are former foster youth
- all are working towards completing educational goals (GED, diploma, post-secondary degree or certificate)
Cornerstone volunteers provide childcare for our client’s children (infants to approx. age 8) so that their parents can participate in these extremely beneficial peer support groups.
Volunteers assist staff and are placed in the childcare level that they are most comfortable. In addition to childcare, volunteers will interact with children with the following types of activities: arts and crafts, drawing, games, puzzles, reading to children and physical activities such as basketball, etc.
Available to junior volunteers ages 13-17 and those over 18
Cornerstone takes place every Tuesday night. Choose any or all of the following volunteer shifts offered every Tuesday!
Nursery Setup: 3:00pm - 4:00pm
Meal prep: 5:30pm
Child Care: 6:15pm - 7:30pm
Clean up: 7:30pm - 8:00pm
- Child Care
- Food Service
- Youth Services
- Child Development
- People Skills
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 13
- Help each week or when schedule permits
- Volunteer Meal Provider
- Somali Voice Recorder
- Kosair Charities Pediatric...
- Cornerstone Volunteer
- Easter Basket Drive
- NuLu Bock Fest Face Painting...
- Gardener Volunteer
- Volunteer Groups Needed - Spring...
- Child Care Volunteer -...
- Easter Basket Assembly
- Easter Egg Hunt
- PASS (Parents Acquiring Skills...
- Tutor - Homework Helper!
- Administrative Volunteer
- Cupcake Decorating Party