The Pediatric Brain Tumor Foundation, the world’s largest non-profit funder to find a cure for childhood brain tumors, is seeking a Marketing Chair for the Starry Night 5K. The Starry Night 5K will be in its 5th year and it raising desperately needed funds to find a cure for the 28,000 children in the U.S. living with a brain tumor. For more information about the event and foundation, please go to: http://www.curethekids.org/events/starry-night/.
The PBTF is seeking a talented, passionate, long-term volunteer to help us raise awareness in the Greater Philadelphia area!
Position summary: The Marketing Chair assists in the planning and implementation of the Starry Night event with a focus on obtaining media coverage, distributing marketing materials and recruiting day of event volunteers.
- Recruit a sub-Task Force team of volunteers to assist with Starry Night community outreach projects and tasks
- Work with PBTF communications staff to obtain and secure Starry Night media sponsor and coverage in web, print, radio and TV outlets
- Add Starry Night event information to community calendars & web postings
- Secure day of event media coverage (TV and/or radio)
- Secure day of event volunteer photographer and videographer
- Coordinate marketing material distribution throughout the community
- Attend monthly Starry Night volunteer Task Force meetings and provide updates to Secretary and Task Force Chair
- Coordinate and lead sub-Task Force meetings to meet goals and ensure volunteers stay on track with their assignments
- Promote Starry Night through daily professional activities
- Attend and provide volunteer leadership at Starry Night
Time Required (approximately):
Attend volunteer Task Force meeting (1): 2 hours
Coordinate community outreach volunteers: 9 hours
Track community outreach progress and complete tasks: 4 hours
Provide correspondence to Chair, Secretary and PBTF staff: 1 hour
Interested parties should email their resumes to BShade@curethekids.org.
- Marketing & Communications (Mar/Com)
- Marketing Strategy & Planning
- Public Relations
- Brand Development & Messaging
- Graphic Design / Print
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- media, PR